What's new

Best Canned Cream?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Back in my cart shaving days I enjoyed this stuff.

0675690024867.jpg

lasta

Blade Biter
You may recall, I was one of the first in the Foamy thread to discover the old scent was back. Wonderful stuff. I have't tried Poraraso yet, but I may one day. Foamy is so good for me I don't have much motivation to change it up.
I find foamy slicker, but the Proraso certainly has cushion of you are into that sort of thing.

I’ve been using a brush and soaps/creams for five or six years.
A week ago my gf bought me a can of Proraso shaving foam.
Whilst it’s thicker, creamier, better than any shaving foam I can remember, it’s still way behind what I can do with a soap/cream and a brush.

I’ve been using a brush and soaps/creams for five or six years.
A week ago my gf bought me a can of Proraso shaving foam.
Whilst it’s thicker, creamier, better than any shaving foam I can remember, it’s still way behind what I can do with a soap/cream and a brush.
I’ll never understand the need to diminish and derail healthy discussion on a specific topic.

I was fortunate enough to start shaving from the start using a DE and brush, but a few years ago a decided to give canned foam a go. I tried the Gillette sensitive (It's not called foamy here and the only varieties are sensitive and lemon lime). It worked fine but made my face break out terribly. I gave the can to someone who used it regularly. I don't know what the scent of the sensitive foamy is in the US, but this stuff had a really strong Johnson's baby powder scent. The only other name brand foam here is Palmolive rapid shave which I haven't tried. No Barbasol but I think Proraso foam is somewhat available.

I bought a can of really cheap homebrand foam and funnily enough it didn't irritate my face. I only used it once, but I've still got it. I might give it another go during the upcoming 2024 restraint to mix it up.
proxy.php

In the 90's I was using brushless creams. The jar of Noxzema was outstanding. After that I went to the tube of King of Shaves, which I quite liked. I have a can of Barbasol foam on hand in case I'm late getting into the shower and need to knock out a quick shave, but otherwise I avoid the cans.

Canned stuff is good when you have no time, it’s pricy, or work marginally, and is not super at anything.

Except blowing up, make mess, if stored in hot car, or in aircraft belly at 35,000 feet.

In the 90's I was using brushless creams. The jar of Noxzema was outstanding. After that I went to the tube of King of Shaves, which I quite liked. I have a can of Barbasol foam on hand in case I'm late getting into the shower and need to knock out a quick shave, but otherwise I avoid the cans.
All my dad used was that Noxzema.

Top Bottom