What's new

Best Canned Cream?

I've both Barbasol and Foamy that work well if on rare occasions when I need a really quick shave. Use them very infrequently - in fact my Barbasol is so old it is one of the 10 oz. cans. They downsized to a 7 oz. can years ago.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Santa Maria Novella

IMG_5708.jpeg

The best shave foam I ever used was Gillette Foamy with CFC propellent. Not many markets had this product. I recall you could buy it at various times in Yugoslavia, Greece and Kenya.

Proraso is nice

I've only used the tube cream but Ach. Brito Lavanda would be worth a go, I'd think
1700448521487.png

If i’m in too big a rush to use a brush (which is a big rush because it doesn’t take long…) then it’s barbasol for me - either original or sensitive skin.

Interested in trying clubman.

Though it's pump bottle rather than a can, my favorite alternative to typical shaving creams and soaps is Kiss My Face Moisture Shave. I regularly use this stuff without a brush, instead lathering it on my face with my hands. As a bonus, it can also be used with a brush!

Attachments

• 20231129_131828.jpg
    20231129_131828.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
I'm a canned goo user and have tried just about every one you can get at Walmart, Walgreen's, etc. Gillette Foamy is the best of the bunch. It has more moisture and higher slickness than other canned foams. Barbasol is ok once you mix in water, otherwise it's too dry without much glide.

I'm a canned goo user and have tried just about every one you can get at Walmart, Walgreen's, etc. Gillette Foamy is the best of the bunch. It has more moisture and higher slickness than other canned foams. Barbasol is ok once you mix in water, otherwise it's too dry without much glide.
FYI the old scent is back too. Have you ever tried Canned Proraso? I agree with you on Foamy.

FYI the old scent is back too. Have you ever tried Canned Proraso? I agree with you on Foamy.
You may recall, I was one of the first in the Foamy thread to discover the old scent was back. Wonderful stuff. I have't tried Poraraso yet, but I may one day. Foamy is so good for me I don't have much motivation to change it up.

Last edited:
You recall, I was one of the first in the Foamy thread to discover the old scent was back. Wonderful stuff. I have't tried Poraraso yet, but I may one day. Foamy is so good for me I don't have much motivation to change it up.
In a few minutes I'm about to do a Foamy shave with a Fine Marvel razor/Derby Extra topped off with PAA Hotel Cecil AS. To me the Hotel Cecil scent is not unlike the Foamy scent.

In a few minutes I'm about to do a Foamy shave with a Fine Marvel razor/Derby Extra topped off with PAA Hotel Cecil AS. To me the Hotel Cecil scent is not unlike the Foamy scent.
I meant to say “you may recall” but somehow missed that one word. I’ll have to look into that aftershave. I tend to like spicier notes like Old Spice and Foamy.

I meant to say “you may recall” but somehow missed that one word. I’ll have to look into that aftershave. I tend to like spicier notes like Old Spice and Foamy.
No problem, sir. If you like spicy, lightly powdery, classic you'll like Cecil. I'd take it over Old Spice.

Top Bottom