What's new

Beautiful cars, really beautiful cars

A Bentley, eh? What do those go for, about $90-100K?
Beautiful lines.... so elegant.

this was back around 1980. At that time it was just an older big Bentley and rather out of style and favor.

I believe I could have had it for $10k then. Today $100k on a clean one would be a steal as there were not a lot of 2 door Continentals made.

I tried to tell SWMBO that it probably would have been the last car we would purchase as they have the tendency to last and last and last..

Last edited:

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
$101_0218.jpg

The current world land speed record stands at 763.035 mph, as set in October 1997 by British Royal Air Force pilot Andy Green driving the jet-powered Thrust SSC. Beauty in form and function.

Attachments

• $untitled.jpg
    $untitled.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 107

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
^^^I totally agree Chris. Sound is king.

The Texas Mile. It's competition is conducted in my home town of Beeville, Texas every year. The race track is a runway from an old Naval air base. From a stand still to top speed in 1 mile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Want some sound eh?

Here ya go: ZENVO ST1

Supercharged aaand Turbocharged!
And incredible Look!

Attachments

• $Zenvo ST1(1).jpg
    $Zenvo ST1(1).jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 89
  • $Zenvo ST1 photo #67484.jpg
    $Zenvo ST1 photo #67484.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 89
  • $Zenvo_ Bagest pÃ¥ Zenvo ST1 er diffuseren synlig og den nødvendige ___.jpg
    $Zenvo_ Bagest på Zenvo ST1 er diffuseren synlig og den nødvendige ___.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 89
The current world land speed record stands at 763.035 mph, as set in October 1997 by British Royal Air Force pilot Andy Green driving the jet-powered Thrust SSC. Beauty in form and function.

Not for long, the Bloodhound SSC is supposed to run in October. They even built a special cellular network along the route it will run on to be able to keep up with telemetry, and hopefully share live video from the car.

They are sure it will do 800mph, but most think it will hit 1000mph. This October they are only going for the record, next year they return to open it up and see how fast it will go.

$ftype_awd_bloodboundssc_01_a3_0.jpg$ftype_awd_bloodhound_high_0.jpg$land-speed-record.png
$Bloodhound_Astounding_infographic.jpg

That GT is pretty sweet. Love the compilation of the V12's.

This is still one of my faves. Brief story, this summer at a hotel with my in-laws on a trip. They start up there minivan and it sounds like it's back firing and crackly etc. I ask my father in law what was wrong with the car and he points to the f type V8 convertible hidden on the other side of him that started up at the same time he did. I laughed my butt off.

(Sound is at ~:30)

Not the sound I expected to be coming out of a 12 year old minivan.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
That GT is pretty sweet. Love the compilation of the V12's.

This is still one of my faves. Brief story, this summer at a hotel with my in-laws on a trip. They start up there minivan and it sounds like it's back firing and crackly etc. I ask my father in law what was wrong with the car and he points to the f type V8 convertible hidden on the other side of him that started up at the same time he did. I laughed my butt off.

(Sound is at ~:30)

Not the sound I expected to be coming out of a 12 year old minivan.
That thing sounds wicked at idle.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I love the 1962 and earlier Vettes.
'56-'62 Vettes were sweet, not so much the earlier ones, but my favorite Vettes were the '63-'67. Hated the '68-'72, but it's kind of grown on me over the years. All the Vettes after sucked, boring, until the latest iteration.

'56-'62 Vettes were sweet, not so much the earlier ones, but my favorite Vettes were the '63-'67. Hated the '68-'72, but it's kind of grown on me over the years. All the Vettes after sucked, boring, until the latest iteration.
2002 Z06 hit the nail on the head for me! I agree with your previous statement fully!

Top Bottom