What's new

Beautiful cars, really beautiful cars

I always liked the Ford GT-40. So named because the roof was just 40" off the pavement.

$GT40.jpg

AND

Jim Clark's Lotus 49

$lotus49.jpg

Last edited:
My all time fave is this little spider... I'd be happy with any of the 50 or so that were made in the early 1950's

Maserati A6GCS Fantuzzi Spyder

proxy.php

Don't get me wrong. I like Jags. I've owned 8 of them over the years (no e types though).

My first car was a Jag.... 1957 XK-140-MC roadster

I bought it when I was 15 or 16 years old (been too long to be sure now) I paid for it from money I had saved up working. My father helped me do a body off restoration on it.

NICE ride for a 16 year old .....

proxy.php

proxy.php

I remember when I was about 6 or 8 years old I had a metal model of one of these.. might have been an MG T-Series or something similar but I've always craved one of the grown-up size models.$1952 MG TD (C046-08).jpg

Attachments

• $MG_T_series.jpg
    $MG_T_series.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 171
I have to agree with the original poster, the E types Jags of the early sixties, roadster or coupe, are IMHO the most beautiful cars ever produced. that is not to say there are not others; the Corvette Sting Rays from the early sixties, the Buick Riviera's from the early to late sixties, The original Oldsmobile Toronado, and countless Ferrari's and Mercedes are beautiful as well. The Mercedes Gull Wings from the late fifties are spectacular. Perhaps there are just too many choices? Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder in this case!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'm seeing some seriously beautiful cars, guys. Keep them coming

I have always been a fan of the early 289 Cobra, or the purpose-built BMC Works rally Big Healeys, and certainly the Low Drag flat floor XKE's do command respect. Now where but at Riverside, can one find three of the world's most beautiful cars parked side-by-side, and in the parking lot no less. Hot rodders such as Doan Spencer crafted perhaps the most beautiful Highboy ever built. Other well made but lesser known cars include the Bosley GT and Bill Pollock's Stovebolt Special. Talented men indeed. God Bless! Tony Brown RN mgbbrown$Riverside Parking Lot Ferrari 250 GTO 289 Cobra Ferrari Lusso Larry Crane Photo.jpg$Doane Spencer Highboy 2.jpg$Bosley GT Curbside.jpg$Stovebolt Special.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom