What's new

Bay Rum lovers

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The forum favorite Bootleggers Blend is my BR go-to.

Have been using the Avon BR - sparingly. It's from 1968 and they ain't making more ...

Oh. Avoid like the plague the "Tiger" BR. It's a floral for one, for another, something in there has a capillary action that will make your lips numb. Weird and bad.

AA

Other than Stirling's? I don't think there's one that's specifically bay run.

However, there are many frags with a bay leaf note.

Perhaps bay rum alone isn't stable enough to make a good, lasting EdT?
St Johns has a bay rum cologne, but I didn't find it any longer lasting than most bay rum aftershaves.

I, too enjoy Royall Bay Rhum, but only if it's the vintage made in Bermuda version. I have gotten the new version and can't compare to my older Bermuda ones.
Favorites of bay rums in den.

Neeham's Bay Rhum (all others pale when compared to this,
their Sandalwood is also amazing)
Royall Lyme Bay Rhum Origin Bermuda
Caribe Bay Rhum " "
Avon Bay Rum
Dominican Lime Bay Rum

I prefer Bay Rums that are milder in clove than others with that heavy clovey pungency akin to walking through group of young people smoking the dreaded clove cigs.

As for the question of a Bay Rum ETD...great question, just by the robust bay scent of Neeham's, I would think it's a possible candidate.
Hey if anyone finds a BR EDT please let me know.
Thanks, Glenn

I am not familiar with Neeham's Bay Rhum. And I am intrigued. Where do you get it?

I am not familiar with Meehan's Bay Rhum. And I am intrigued. Where do you get it?
I get it from the maker, here is link...Oh...sorry, having a dyslexic moment, correct name is MEEHAN's.

Meehan Bay Rum Splash Cologne, above all others…

I just found old posting from Phil at Bullgoose, you can check there if he stills sells it. NO clove or cinnamon.

"There are scores of Bay Rums on the market at virtually all price points. If you could only have one Bay Rum, what would it be and why?

My two finalists would be Meehan Bay Rhum which I absolutely love and Captains Choice Bay Rum. Both of these are made without Clove Oil which, to me, is a good thing. However, in the face-off between the two, I choose Meehan's for something as simple as the bottle. The Meehan's bottle is a thick glass bottle and the top is of higher quality to prevent any mishaps.
It is categorized as a cologne and I would not recommend splashing it on a freshly shaven face unless you do not mind a little burn (I happen to like a bit of burn but others may not). That said, even though it is a cologne, it is by no means overpowering but rather gives you a hint of a really warm Bay Rum scent for most of the day. Outstanding!"

It's a little pricey but one of those "well worth it" luxuries ($80),
will be happy to send you a sample, I had heard about it from someone on here and scored a partial bottle of it on the 'Bay...ordered it from Meehan's soon after, VERY unusual for me to do so, usually get partial bottles of things to try.
Pop your mailing address in a PM if you would like to try it. Will get taste out to you before you shell out.

Glenn

Last edited:
I get it from the maker, here is link...Oh...sorry, having a dyslexic moment, correct name is MEEHAN's.

Meehan Bay Rum Splash Cologne, above all others…

I just found old posting from Phil at Bullgoose, you can check there if he stills sells it. NO clove or cinnamon.

"There are scores of Bay Rums on the market at virtually all price points. If you could only have one Bay Rum, what would it be and why?

My two finalists would be Meehan Bay Rhum which I absolutely love and Captains Choice Bay Rum. Both of these are made without Clove Oil which, to me, is a good thing. However, in the face-off between the two, I choose Meehan's for something as simple as the bottle. The Meehan's bottle is a thick glass bottle and the top is of higher quality to prevent any mishaps.
It is categorized as a cologne and I would not recommend splashing it on a freshly shaven face unless you do not mind a little burn (I happen to like a bit of burn but others may not). That said, even though it is a cologne, it is by no means overpowering but rather gives you a hint of a really warm Bay Rum scent for most of the day. Outstanding!"

It's a little pricey but one of those "well worth it" luxuries ($80),
will be happy to send you a sample, I had heard about it from someone on here and scored a partial bottle of it on the 'Bay...ordered it from Meehan's soon after, VERY unusual for me to do so, usually get partial bottles of things to try.
Pop your mailing address in a PM if you would like to try it. Will get taste out to you before you shell out.

Glenn
Wow! Just checked web site and the price went up...not surprised, glad I got mine for $80!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
1) Olgallala Double Strength
2) Colonel Conk
3) C.O. Bigelow Cologne
4) Olgallala Sweet Orange Double Strength
5) Olgallala Lime and Peppercorns Double Strength

M

Member 113878

VIBR?
I wouldn’t call this scent very strong, au contraire.

JCarr

Can you list some "strong ones" for a new guy like myself? I like em strong 💪

Ogallala Bay Rum Double Strength aftershave ... you will smell this at the end of the day.

Barrister and Mann Bay Rum ... this is my personal favorite. I use it heavily and I smell it still at quitting time.

Phoenix Atomic Age Bay Rum ... in a league all by itself. This scent will not quit on you.

All of these I would consider strong Bay Rum scents.

Also...Bootlegger's has a nice scent with legs...you have to make/mix it yourself. Formula is on the website.

Thanks man, I wrote those down on a sticky note here. I like piney, woody, sandalwood, etc so these should be perfect. I don't like scents that disappear so quickly.

I DID order some Ogallala Bay Rum/SW reg strength AS on shavenation last night to sorta venture into the "not-so-widely available" types of stuff still out there. I have the drugstore classics but want to try other stuff. Once again, appreciate it!

JCarr

Ogallala makes Bay Rums with additional scents that you might like...Bay Rum and Sandalwood is one of them. I found a few to be pretty good although I prefer the plain Bay Rum Double Strength aftershave.

This vendor has all things Ogallala. I use him when I need Ogallala stuff. Great selection.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I've only used Krampert's Finest. Seems good to me, but I have nothing to compare it against.

Top Bottom