What's new

Bay Rum lovers

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I love Bay Rum. Just finished a bottle of Clubman VIBR. I really like the scent of Stirling BAY Rum soap because of the dominant nutmeg scent and ordered a bottle of the AS. If consistent with the soap, I’ll likely get the EDT.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I love Bay Rum. Just finished a bottle of Clubman VIBR. I really like the scent of Stirling BAY Rum soap because of the dominant nutmeg scent and ordered a bottle of the AS. If consistent with the soap, I’ll likely get the EDT.

You won't be disappointed. I have all and they're consistent.

I try to avoid clove in my aftershaves/colognes, which is why I enjoy PAA Atomic Age and Clasico. Both are strong (relatively), at least among my bay rum collection. I also enjoy Cat o' Nine Tails, though the scent doesn't linger.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I use a lot of bay rum and I don't mind spending a lot of money for the good stuff. I go through a big jug of St Johns every 18 months or so. But if I could only have one bay rum, and in an unlimited quantity? I'd forego the posh stuff and I'd choose Stephans. I buy it by the litre as it is, and I just love the stuff. Great scent and terrific face care. The scent doesn't really last, but so what?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I use a lot of bay rum and I don't mind spending a lot of money for the good stuff. I go through a big jug of St Johns every 18 months or so. But if I could only have one bay rum, and in an unlimited quantity? I'd forego the posh stuff and I'd choose Stephans. I buy it by the litre as it is, and I just love the stuff. Great scent and terrific face care. The scent doesn't really last, but so what?

St. John's is quite good. I have a four ounce bottle. Not sure if you've ever tried Ogallala, but I found St. John's to have a similar scent to Ogallala. Ogallala is much cheaper. If you haven't tried it yet, I would recommend checking it out. When I buy Ogallala, I get the Double Strength version. If I compare St. John's to Ogallala Double Strength, Ogallala smells sweeter, but again, I am comparing it to the Double Strength version. Still, to my nose it's a similar scent profile. Enjoy the Bay Rum!

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I like Krampert's but I'm no Bay Rum aficionado. To me it seems smooth and natural, not artificial.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I like Krampert's but I'm no Bay Rum aficionado. To me it seems smooth and natural, not artificial.
It's hard to beat free vintage Avon Bay Rum, lol. It was you that sent me that, wasn't it? My brane has gaps.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
It's hard to beat free vintage Avon Bay Rum, lol. It was you that sent me that, wasn't it? My brane has gaps.
My brain does too. I only remember sending you soap, not any aftershave. If the War Department thinks you smell nice, I don't think it's my fault. Though I recall she liked the Verguilde on you.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
My brain does too. I only remember sending you soap, not any aftershave. If the War Department thinks you smell nice, I don't think it's my fault. Though I recall she liked the Verguilde on you.
It probably wasn't you....I AM certain that you sent me some NICE soaps.... I actually have a plan for that "gilded hand" soap, involving grating and scent impregnation! Stay tuned, it'll be EPIC.

stephan-bay-rum-1gallon.jpg

This jug looks like someone's already taken a little off the top- the angels' share? I've never bought it by the gallon, though I suspect I'll have to do so next time I need some. Looks like the liter size bottle is no longer available.

I used Stephan's just this morning, actually. Such a warm, soft, welcoming scent.
Just got home from the barbershop. I smell like Stephan

This jug looks like someone's already taken a little off the top- the angels' share? I've never bought it by the gallon, though I suspect I'll have to do so next time I need some. Looks like the liter size bottle is no longer available.

I used Stephan's just this morning, actually. Such a warm, soft, welcoming scent.
That is hilarious. I think the first time ever that the term 'angles share' has been applied to an aftershave. Classic, leave it to B&B.

The only bay rum I have is Gilbert Henry. Upon first application it's kinda like bay rum and rubber. But then the rubber go's away about 7min later and it's a clovey bay rum scent. It lasts about 3hr on me.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
CrownKing.BayRum.Jug.Bottle.480.11-12-18.JPG

Coconut Bay Splash. 12-16-20. 640JPG.JPG

ClasicoBayRum.640.JPG

I don't know whether the one in the middle counts but it's one of my favorite splashes. On the ends are my two favorite bay rums. My favorite is the one I'm wearing.

I have other good bay rums having not found one I don't like, but these are my favorites. There are of course some I've not used, but that's a problem I can and should correct.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom