What's new

Bay Rum & Barbershop

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
thanks for the help, I'm not looking to make my own aftershave, half of the fun is the hunt for the next purchase, looks like Phoenix Artisan will be my next buy

I don't think you will be disappointed. Quality product.

If you like Clubman, and you like barbershop scents (and who does’nt), and you want a scent
that lasts, you should try Clubman Lilac Vegatal.
In the second half of the springtime, it’s perfect for the situation.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I haven't tried a lot of aftershaves but the two scents that I am looking for are Bay Rum and "barbershop" scented aftershaves or cologne if need be. In saying that I will say I have used Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

The original has staying power that I love. The other two scents are good, I prefer the Bay Rum of the two but neither have any staying power.

Does anyone know of an AS that has good to great staying power that has either a Bay Rum or "barbershop" scent?

I am a cream guy but am willing to jump to a soap if need be to create the scent I am looking for.

If an AS is not what I should be going for and I need a cologne, does anyone have any leads on that?

There are a lot of questions here and I appreciate any responses.

Thanks

KM
You might want to check the Sterling web site. Their Bay Rum soap is fantastic. They have the aftershave and possibly cologne which I expect is what you are actually looking for. Aftershaves aren’t made to be all that long lasting.

I do have to strongly agree with everyone who has mentioned PAA atomic bay rum. It is one of those scents that I can not get enough of. Simply fantastic. I now have a tub and jar of this!!
Barbershop well nothing to me compares with ghost town barber!! Fantastic.

Since about October I have been primarily a Stirling user. I have been a huge fan of their samples and buy them 4 at a time. I use some til they are gone, others that either don't smell the way I would want them or more importantly my wife get put in little air tight containers and moved to a box on the top shelf of a closet.

I also don't believe I will be trying the Lilac Veg for a while. Reading up on that one appears you may have to be chosen. I have way too many things to try before finding out if something has chosen me.

I am very happy with all the Stirling stuff I have tried and even have two brushes from them as well.

There are two bay rums I would like to try yet, Ogallala and the PAA Atomic Bay Rum. I assume I will get there with time.

Ghost town barber is something I would love to try, again, with time I will probably get there.

KM

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum is the real deal, the stuff is awesome! I have a bottle and really have fallen in love with it, I was a little hesitant to spend that on an aftershave, but after using it and really getting to like it. I think I will always have a PAA bay rum in my rotation at all times.

Top Bottom