What's new

Bay Rum & Barbershop

I haven't tried a lot of aftershaves but the two scents that I am looking for are Bay Rum and "barbershop" scented aftershaves or cologne if need be. In saying that I will say I have used Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

The original has staying power that I love. The other two scents are good, I prefer the Bay Rum of the two but neither have any staying power.

Does anyone know of an AS that has good to great staying power that has either a Bay Rum or "barbershop" scent?

I am a cream guy but am willing to jump to a soap if need be to create the scent I am looking for.

If an AS is not what I should be going for and I need a cologne, does anyone have any leads on that?

There are a lot of questions here and I appreciate any responses.

Thanks

KM

I love the Sterling Barbershop aftershave as well. Used it yesterday (with the soap) and I was still smelling hints of it on my way home from work. One of my favorite scents.

As far as their Bay Rum, I tried a sample and it seemed a bit too...clovey to me, if that's a word. It was my first Bay Rum, so not really sure if I don't like them period, or just don't like Stirling's version.

I really like B&M Bay Rum aftershave. To my nose it's one of the better Bay Rum aftershaves with good staying power but not overpowering. The scent of it is more citrusy with a hint of clove. I think samples of it are available at Maggards. Good stuff.

Agree with Stirling Barbershop. Great scent and staying power. I also like WSP Barbershop, and Fine American Blend. Fine AB has a bit less staying power than WSP. WSP is less powdery, but still great.

For Bay Rum, I’d say Ogallala and PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum.

Two of my favorites are Stirling Bay Rum and PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum. The latter being an all time favorite!

Well, it appears the Stirling brand is getting some love and I happen to have some things in the cart there.

I will pull the trigger on some bay rum and barbershop samples along with aftershave and cologne samples.

Thank you for the options and I am sure in a few months I will probably check out some of the other replies in here.

KM

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I haven't tried a lot of aftershaves but the two scents that I am looking for are Bay Rum and "barbershop" scented aftershaves or cologne if need be. In saying that I will say I have used Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

The original has staying power that I love. The other two scents are good, I prefer the Bay Rum of the two but neither have any staying power.

Does anyone know of an AS that has good to great staying power that has either a Bay Rum or "barbershop" scent?

I am a cream guy but am willing to jump to a soap if need be to create the scent I am looking for.

If an AS is not what I should be going for and I need a cologne, does anyone have any leads on that?

There are a lot of questions here and I appreciate any responses.

Thanks

KM

Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum
Bootlegger's El Dorado

I purchased some Stirling samples. I have done two shaves with "Mountain Man" and today I went with the first shave of "Bay Rum".

So far I am a fan, this is also my first go at real shaving soap as I have been using creams primarily.

Not sure why but I also get a better shave with soap.

Anyways, I am going for the "Barbershop" last as I think I will like that for sure. The bay rum is nice so far today. I liked the mountain man as well.

I will be attempting the Ogallala next I believe and then probably the Bootleggers as that was given up as an option.

Thanks again.

KM

Here's another pitch for Ogallala aftershaves and colognes. I think the combination of scents, longevity, and face feel can't be beat. I started with a sampler pack produced by the maker. The samples are bigger than most and really last for quite a few shaves. I now have full bottles of the Sandalwood and the Sage and Cedar. They're great in the winter. This morning, I used the last of the sample of Limes and Peppercorns. I might have to go full bottle on that one too....

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I've tried a few but not all of them.

CrownKing.BayRum.Jug.Bottle.480.11-12-18.JPG

This is my favorite.

I have been using the Stirling Bay Rum. I enjoy it. It isn't for me yet a "can't live without"

Stirling Barbershop was used today. While I can say I definately smell the barbershop. It maybe wasn't what i was expecting, or maybe wanting. Not sure. I need to use it some more and see if I either fall in love or hate it.

I believe my next purchases will be the PAA and Ogallala. I would like to find some samples as the Stirling samples seem to last forever considering its a sample.

There are way too many soaps, AS and colognes out there to sample to get too locked down yet.

These options are awesome and I assume I will be trying them all at some point.

KM

From what I could tell on the PAA site, you can get samples of all the aftershaves, but only two options for the soap. Unless I'm viewing it wrong or something. I'd like to try that Ogallala, some interesting scents.

From what I could tell on the PAA site, you can get samples of all the aftershaves, but only two options for the soap. Unless I'm viewing it wrong or something. I'd like to try that Ogallala, some interesting scents.

Good catch. I also went to their site and found the same thing. I will say I do like the Stirling line in that I can sample the soap, AS and cologne. It is kinda cool having all three and having that scent for the day.

I think I will continue searching, trying the Ogalalla line up and trying other offerings from Stirling.

I see there are some votes for Bootleggers and Fine, they will probably be up after the Ogalalla.

I will at some point pop on the PAA Bay Rum but I will try some others first.

KM

Let's do this.

Stirling Barbershop liquid body soap in the shower.

Stirling Barbershop body lotion.

Stirling Barbershop EDT.

Stirling Barbershop shave soap followed by Stirling Barbershop post shave balm.

It was a Stirling Barbershop kind of a day. It was a scent that really grew on me. Now it's one of my 3 that I couldn't be without.

I really like it. Haven't tried Bay Rum yet, but I have one of their sample pucks ready to go at a moment's notice.

Top Bottom