What's new

Barrister and Mann's new Omnibus base: discussion and reviews

Is Artique really that extreme? I love my Margaritas in the Arctic, and the scent notes on Artique look really good!
Yes I would say count on even glacial MITA being somewhat weak it might outdo cryogen. Will even said "Scented with peppermint and black pepper, if your nose can get through all the menthol to smell them". The scent notes will likely be somewhat subtle compared to the menthol.

I trust CL but I wont blind buy Mayhem, it just sounds a bit strange. Eagerly awaiting reviews.
Even stranger is that they are confident enough to go all in with a matching EdT. And the email said he would make more if it sells out. Maggard has samples...

I haven't ventured a boar with Omnibus lately as I really don't mind using synths. This Nordost is fantastic. I added water several times today and it just kept getting silkier and silkier. Very nice soap.
Imagepipe_54.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Had a super good lather with the Gothique today. I have a half dozen or so omnibus soaps now. I do find there to be variations among the different flavors. Variations in the lather, the way it takes water, the amount of soap needed for a given volume of lathers etc. They are all great so far. But this one is surprisingly rich and thick when lathered. And it’s very efficient. 10 seconds of brush loading, and I had more than enough for my three passes, and probably two more.

4223BDA1-476D-43BD-B245-7959769D558C.jpeg

I gave the Arctique soap and AS a try this morning it is some chilly stuff! My face felt icy for a good hour. I think the 5th ingredient in the soap (out of a lengthy list) is menthol. It's really all I could smell during the shave, though the AS has some other subtle notes you can pick up on.

My face was so numb after it all that the glacial unscented Stirling balm didn't even register. Pretty great if your into that.

Has anyone yet tried B&M's "Arctique"

If so, is it anything similar to the experience of " Terror "

I know a few folks have said its just pure cold and nothing else..

I gave the Arctique soap and AS a try this morning it is some chilly stuff! My face felt icy for a good hour. I think the 5th ingredient in the soap (out of a lengthy list) is menthol. It's really all I could smell during the shave, though the AS has some other subtle notes you can pick up on.

My face was so numb after it all that the glacial unscented Stirling balm didn't even register. Pretty great if your into that.
Niceeee! Ive just asked about Arctique, then read your comment :) I cannot wait to grab the set when it hits the UK.

Why?

I think it's nice on hot summer days you rinse your face off from a borderline too cold of a shave feels very refreshing. I don't think I can achieve that level anymore unfortunately without adding my own menthol to soaps. My menthol tolerance unintentionally has gone up too drastically even taking long breaks.

I tried the new Artique set. If I use Stirling Glacial products as a base line, the soap was cold but not any colder than Stirling Glacial. The base was real good and I got a nice shave. The aftershave was a bit stronger than Stirling Glacials. Artique has a more pleasent scent and burn compared to Terror. If you got Terror near your eyes or rubbed your eyes with a little Terror aftershave on your hands, you would be hurting.

When I think Artique, I imagine cold,peppermint,snow,ice and I think white colors but the soap is brown which throws me off.

It's a good product and I am happy but I have humbled you Artique!

"Passiflora will be made through March 31st, after which time it will be rotated out of production. Don't miss out!"
Is this soap available every Spring? Or was it a one-off? I'm trying very hard to not buy more soap but am wondering if I don't pick this up while it's in stock if I'll ever see it again. It's a remarkable soap.

Top Bottom