What's new

Barrister and Mann's new Omnibus base: discussion and reviews

Is this the old packaging? I ordered a few B&M soaps and the Seville I received is a different label, I was trying to figure out which was correct.
img_3613-jpeg.1491939
proxy.php

Curious why they didn't use the tub base to place EU label requirements and/or ingredients as in the past.
My tired eyes can't read squat on the side label without using my phone to enlarge the pic...

So, at first I said to myself I am not going to try out arctique because I already have cold soaps like stirling's glacials, PAA frostbyte, fine snake bite, etc, but I changed my mind and ended up buying 2 tubs of b&m arctique. I was skeptical it would be as cold as stirling glacials, but to my surprise, I would say based upon my first use of arctique is that I believe it is colder than stirling glacials.

PAA cube 2.0
barrister and mann arctique
razor razorock LUPO 0.95 open comb
fine snake bite splash
PAA frost byte star jelly

I had a nice cold shave and I am a believer in arctique. I do believe it is the coldest soap that I have tried and I have them all from stirling glacials to PAA frost byte to fine snake bite and arctique is the coldest shave soap that I have tried. it's only based upon my first use of it, but I am glad I decided to buy it. I also have barrister and mann terror in the excelsior base and it ain't got nothing on arctique in terms of coldness.

Today I had my first use of Le Grand Chypre soap and splash. I bought these a while back but haven’t used them until now, trying not to have too many open things at once. This is my first experience with B&M products.

Both soap and splash performed tremendously well. Soap loaded quickly and easily on my PAA peregrino synthetic, I proceeded to face lather and in no time at all I had produced a rich and slick lather. Right up there with some of the best lather I’ve had, and this is my first use. Shaved three passes WTG, WTG, XTG with a Tatara Masamune and new feather blade. Very close and smooth DFS, zero irritation of any kind. No feedback from the alum at all.

The splash was as impressive as the soap. I don’t recall if it contains any alcohol but I had zero burn, just felt great on my skin, soothing and refreshing. Good scent strength, not overpowering but lingers for quite a while.

As for the scent itself… I like it quite a lot and it works well in a shave setting but it isn’t what I was expecting based on description. I thought it would be a kind of dry woody cologne type of scent. It isn’t. It opens with a big hit of citrus which then calms down and makes way for earthy notes of patchouli and Frankincense, with a hint of sweetness. To me it is more of an aromatherapy/spa type smell. It works very well for a relaxing shave. It isn’t a very bold fragrance, not overly masculine. Should pair well with a variety of fragrances in my opinion. I finished up with Boss Bottled Intense EDP on this occasion. Looking and smelling great, wife digs it.

Great stuff B&M, I am a fan.

I was planning to pick up some Hallows so I sent a email to see when it would be available. B&M responded within 24 hours. Sadly, it won't be available until 2023. Guess I have to find something else for Holloween week.

I was planning to pick up some Hallows so I sent a email to see when it would be available. B&M responded within 24 hours. Sadly, it won't be available until 2023. Guess I have to find something else for Holloween week.
To me Nocturne is like a nightmare :)

Second use LGC today. I over loaded slightly on my first go, this time less soap more water. The results were even better. This soap takes water really well and seems to get better the more you hydrate it. It feels almost “silky” on the face. I’m a big fan of tallow+lanolin soaps but this omnibus is really fantastic.
I will be trying other B&M scents in the future, what are some of your favourites?

Second use LGC today. I over loaded slightly on my first go, this time less soap more water. The results were even better. This soap takes water really well and seems to get better the more you hydrate it. It feels almost “silky” on the face. I’m a big fan of tallow+lanolin soaps but this omnibus is really fantastic.
I will be trying other B&M scents in the future, what are some of your favourites?
Maggard still the exclusive Fougere Angelique set. :devil:

Fougere Gothique would be a great Halloween soap in lieu of Hallows- i would prefer FG over Hallows, anyway. I'm guessing FG will be easier to find than Hallows- but probably will be challenging to get your hands on either.
B&M is likely gearing up for their annual Leviathan release in the next couple weeks- also a fantastic Autumn scent and will work for Halloween. Who knows what else the folks at B&M have up their sleeve along with the Leviathan drop. Sounds like it won't be Hallows this year.

I've personally got my seasons covered, but for anybody holding out for Leviathan, Nordost, Vespers, etc...
Sorry, No Hallows

Q4 Release Lineup

We've been getting requests to bring back the release schedule for awhile now, and we've finally gotten the picture: folks love to know what we're working on. So we're very pleased to announce the return of a regular quarterly release schedule! This one is actually a bit more than a quarter, but it covers the end of 2022 and some of our most exciting releases of the year, so we just packed it all together!
Rather than have you try to read a big block of text and dates in an email inbox, we've made it available on our website as a blog post, accessible at any time and on any device. We're excited for what's to come and we hope you are too!

Top Bottom