What's new

Barrister and Mann's new Omnibus base: discussion and reviews

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
"Passiflora will be made through March 31st, after which time it will be rotated out of production. Don't miss out!"
Is this soap available every Spring? Or was it a one-off? I'm trying very hard to not buy more soap but am wondering if I don't pick this up while it's in stock if I'll ever see it again. It's a remarkable soap.
Who knows? Fear of missing out is real … so …
1656698356777.gif

If you really like it and you’re afraid it won’t come back, get it. I got Nordost because it’s a seasonal and was real happy to find Darkfall in stock after it went out everywhere I knew to look. Not cause it need more soaps, but because I really like these, and didn’t want to wait for next fall.

What about Hallows shave soap? Anyone know if that will be available again?
I'd be very interested in trying a sample of it in the Fall but I have heard that it smells like a halloween mask? loool
So I'm guessing that Oceana and Diamond will be the next releases based off of what I've seen of his seasonal releases through the years.

What about Hallows shave soap? Anyone know if that will be available again?
People seem to ask them for it every fall so wouldn't surprise me if it came back this year. I have not heard any rumors about it returning, though, and we probably won't hear much about it until the end of summer.

I just got to sample Arctique and Electric Mayhem from a friend (just one shave of each). Arctique is about as cold, but not colder, than Stirling's Glacial soaps. I think the cool wore off from the Arctique faster than a Stirling Glacial. The scent is mainly minty to my nose. For me, I will likely pass on ordering a tub.

Electric Mayhem, at first sniff, seemed to be too mildly scented, but when I actually shaved with it, there was nothing lacking in scent strength. It even lingered well after the shave. I got a sugary sweetness from the scent; it made me think of eating candy and drinking pop at an arcade. Having just read the official description, sure, ok, I see what they were going for. I have no idea what "hot neon" smells like, though ... unless ... now I do? I could see ordering a tub of this.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I just got to sample Arctique and Electric Mayhem from a friend (just one shave of each). Arctique is about as cold, but not colder, than Stirling's Glacial soaps. I think the cool wore off from the Arctique faster than a Stirling Glacial. The scent is mainly minty to my nose. For me, I will likely pass on ordering a tub.

Electric Mayhem, at first sniff, seemed to be too mildly scented, but when I actually shaved with it, there was nothing lacking in scent strength. It even lingered well after the shave. I got a sugary sweetness from the scent; it made me think of eating candy and drinking pop at an arcade. Having just read the official description, sure, ok, I see what they were going for. I have no idea what "hot neon" smells like, though ... unless ... now I do? I could see ordering a tub of this.
Sounds like it right up my alley. I dig fruity scents. Or I dig earthy savory scents. Not one for flowery or perfume scents. Plus I love the arcade.

I wonder why the packaging had to change for the EU? 🤔
I'm not sure - I received a tub of LaVanille earlier this month during GRUME's Restock with the new label.
I was confused by it as there is zero reference to Omnibus on my tub...

I probably should give it a go soon

The old style packaging was way better. The EU and their stupid rules- whatever they might be. If someone over there manages to read the ingredients label on those soaps they might have thought twice about allowing it to be sold there.

Zingari Man did this some time last year, unannounced. I brought this up with a poster in the EU because his tub was different than mine. Looking at a tub of Omnibus right now, it appears that there isn't room for all of the certification markings and barcode.

Ah- I was only thinking of the artwork on the lid. Didn’t think at all about the insane labeling requirements. I’m surprised they don’t have to have the Kalifornia Preparation 49 “may cause cancer” label too 🤣

The old style packaging was way better. The EU and their stupid rules- whatever they might be. If someone over there manages to read the ingredients label on those soaps they might have thought twice about allowing it to be sold there.
I can’t see the ingredients on the new label as it is much less read them :001_unsur

Top Bottom