What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

AdobePhotoshopExpress_2024-05-22_14-46-23-0500.jpeg

IKon B1 slant

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, June 8th 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE 316 SS Torsional slant with a Yaqi brass nickel coated handle. Mfg 2023>,mild to tame mid range depending on blade. Excellent machining and finish for my shaving needs. Of my 4 slants this is the easiest to use for good results. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Astra SP(2) sharp and smooth with great longevity.
Soap : Gillette Pure cream, nice clean scented soap with excellent lather qualities. Makes excellent ubber lather with left over soap from day before in bowl.
Brush : Yaqi "Robin" 24mm boar bristle, Excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristle hairs, nice splay scrubber, great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea refreshing lotion + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE slant with a Astra SP blade. For not much stubble to mow down from yesterdays close shave the razor and blade performed well IMO.
SOTD June 8 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, June 16th 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE torsional 316 SS slant with a Yaqi Brass nickel coated handle. Mfg 2023>, mild to tame mid range. Well designed and machined with nice finish for my shaving needs. This slant is a great shave treat that is similar to regular DE razor IMO + the blade is torqued with a slight helical angle. I had a close comfortable close shave this morning.
Blade : Polsilver SI (2) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : La Toja stick, very mild scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Red Zebra" 26mm snow leopard knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Another 26mm favorite synthetic.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Witch hazel beard cleanse + Nivea ever refreshing splash + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE slant with a Polsilver SI blade.
SOTD June 15 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom