What's new

B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

Hi,

The same thing happened to me back in 2013 when I picked up my first Fasan Red Dot. It quickly became my daily driver. Then, it led to my unloading of all my other razors which were not family heirlooms. ;)

Stan The Fasan Man

PS, you may also use 'The Fasan Man' as well. No claim of exclusivity here! :p

Hi,

The same thing happened to me back in 2013 when I picked up my first Fasan Red Dot. It quickly became my daily driver. Then, it led to my unloading of all my other razors which were not family heirlooms. ;)

Stan The Fasan Man

Thanks Stan! Although Marcus The Fasan Man doesn't have quite the same pizazz to it [emoji4]

Fasan, Voskhod, D'Fluff for Christmas Day shave here:
proxy.php

Hi,

Stan The Fasan Man

Um, everyone calls me "The Fasan Man" and has for years. I demand the mods delete this post...

:lol: couldn't resist.

Hi,

Yes. By my father, who used it on the side of his race car beginning in 1947. :)

I used it some, too, over 25+ years of racing myself. ;)

But, I won't use it here, *that* is for sure!! :p

Stan

Hi,

Sounds like that Fasan is working well. :)

I almost went for one yesterday. I am in my Restraint restock week and spotted one just like yours. 80-some bucks, which I ought to restrain myself from spending. Plus, I have a Fasan already so I let it be for someone else.

Stan

Hi,

Sounds like that Fasan is working well. :)

I almost went for one yesterday. I am in my Restraint restock week and spotted one just like yours. 80-some bucks, which I ought to restrain myself from spending. Plus, I have a Fasan already so I let it be for someone else.

Stan

Yeah I love this Fasan in an obsessional kind of way.
Normally I don't shave with the same razor two days in a row but this one has made me settle down [emoji3]

Part of the enchantment is that I really have to learn this razor.

I use straights and shavettes a lot and I'm very confident with my technique but this Fasan has made me start from scratch and schools me hard.

The first few shaves saw a lot of blood which shocked me as this normally never happens.

Then attention to angle, pressure, prep, blade choice and tightening of the handle has led to better and better shaves.

This was shave #12 and each shave contains the promise of an even better one next time.

As soon as I finish shaving I'm thinking about picking up the Fasan again!

Did you find your Red Dot so demanding when you first used it?

Hi,

Like you, I have used many different razors for a long time. It took me close to a month of using the Red Dot before I really got the hang of it. I managed to not draw much blood with it, though. I quickly found out that it only has one working angle and that I had to be careful with pressure or it would bite. What took me a while to figure out is how to keep the cutting edge aligned as I moved it along the contours of my face so it worked at its most efficient. By the end of that month, OCtober 2013, it became my daily driver.

Stan

Hi,

Like you, I have used many different razors for a long time. It took me close to a month of using the Red Dot before I really got the hang of it. I managed to not draw much blood with it, though. I quickly found out that it only has one working angle and that I had to be careful with pressure or it would bite. What took me a while to figure out is how to keep the cutting edge aligned as I moved it along the contours of my face so it worked at its most efficient. By the end of that month, OCtober 2013, it became my daily driver.

Stan

Thanks Stan! I'm only two weeks in with the Fasan and it just keeps getting better and better [emoji3]

Would definitely like to join.

I returned to DE shaving 3 weeks ago after about 30 years of cartridge shaving. I started with the Fatip Piccolo on the shave stand, and took to it immediately.

I also bought the Hoffritz and waited 2 weeks to have my first shave with it and it is now my razor of choice.

I'm still a relative Newbie, as I have very little recollection of shaving - all I remember was that the razor was a Gillette of some kind...after all it was the 60's... So now I am exploring soaps, razors and blades...it is a very personal matter, but the B&B posts are very informative.

I do think though that slants are for me and I look forward to acquiring other vintage examples in the future.

Best,
Lou
image.jpeg

Top Bottom