B.O.S.S. Brotherhood of Slant Shavers

Last weeks slants
ATT X1 SE w/ BRW XXL handle
IMG_1721.jpeg

Cole slant w/ RR HD handle
IMG_1694.jpeg

20231222_122124-01.jpeg

Yaqi Slope/Hang Slant

I had a comfy and effortless debut shave on Friday with this head which - for whatever reason - retails with different names in the US (Slope) and Europe (Hang). 🤷‍♂️

The head glided smoothly over my face and neck and after my regular routine of two passes with some touchups I was close to a BBS result.

There's a very enjoyable amount of (lower) blade feel, but no harshness. I didn't notice any blade chatter, that's another plus. My impression is the Slope won't bite out of the nothing as long as no user error is involved.

Overall, the shave of the Yaqi Slope very much reminds me of the shaves I get with my RR German 37. I'll have to do a side by side shave with these two razors to establish this impression, but it appears I finally might have found a stainlesssteel sibbling of my beloved Razorock G37. 🤩

This Yaqi presumably will be a daily driver for me. A nice catch 👍

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday January 13th 2024

Razor : Razorock Wunderbar 316SSP slant with a Modified Micromatic handle- Mfg 2017>, mid to upper mid range. Excellent machining and finish QC. I found the best way to shave with the Wunderbar slant because of large radiused circular head design is a steep approach(riding the bar) with a short handle for better strokes near base of my neck and less leverage + weight. This slant likes a gentle light touch also and it will perform very well has been my experiences using it over the years. Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (2) Sharp and Smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade in my den space.
Soap : Yaqi "The Green" nice fresh natural scent of something near flowers and edge of a forest with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Viper"24mm boar bristle brush. Excellent lather generator, soft split end bristle hair tips, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi The Green AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10 stellar.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my RR Wunderbar with a GSB blade. Very enjoyable shaving this morning with nice scents and great gear.
SOTD Januray 13 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, January 16th 2024

Razor : Yaqi SLOPE 316SS slant with a Yaqi Nickel coated brass handle- Mfg 2023>mild to tame mid range depending on blade used. Excellent machining and finish is adequate for my shaving needs. Interesting design of sloped safety bar with torsional blade clamping all in one. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Kai SS extra wide(5) sharp and smooth. Great blade for milder razor IMO.
Soap : Razorock Irish country side- nice mild scented fresh scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Rainbow" 26mm brown whiskers. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave :Razorock Irish countryside with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi SLOPE 316SS with a Kai SS extra wide blade.
5SOTD Januray 16 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Top Bottom