What's new

Avon Barber Pole

The barber pole is very cool. Anyone have the Avon POTUS busts? I ran across them surfing the bay and thought they were pretty nifty. I saw Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and T.R. Sigh, more stuff to keep my eyes open for.

The barber pole is very cool. Anyone have the Avon POTUS busts? I ran across them surfing the bay and thought they were pretty nifty. I saw Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, and T.R. Sigh, more stuff to keep my eyes open for.

I have most of them. I have Washington and Lincoln in both white and copper I believe.

Just FYI gents...

We have a couple of really great Avon threads. The ALPHA Team thread is a great place to discuss all things Avon, and the Vintage Avon Find is a great place to post pics of your acquisitions. Links to both are in my Signature.

Carry on!

No, didn't mean to halt the thread. Just showing you guys the other info that is out there if you want to see more.

Since it was asked...
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435539367.116361.jpg

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Here's my Avon story. Back in the late 60's to early 70's my mother would have Avon parties. She wasn't an Avon lady, she just had them over from time to time. Mom bought dad a model T AS car. He used up the AS so I asked him if I could have the car. I thought it was really cool. I put it on my shelf and there it remained for 3 or 4 years. I was about 4 or 5 when dad gave it to me. Not knowing anything at that age I wrapped up the car and gave it to my uncle for Christmas (hey, I didn't have any money). He was just a few years older than me and lived with us. He opened it up and said, "cool some cologne." He twisted the luggage cap and gave it a little shake but it was bone dry. Uncle said, "what the heck is this." "Who gave me that?" Um....:blushing::blush:. We all laughed so hard mostly at the uncle...:laugh:. Fast forward to about 1998. Yep, it's Christmas and we are all sitting in the living room opening presents and talking. Mom hands me a gift and says this is from me. I opened it up and it was that danged Avon car. She kept it all those years. We all laughed so hard. Since then, the car is passed around but you never know when it's going to pop up. I think I know who has it...Dad:

$IMG_0053A.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom