What's new

August 2023 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

lasta

Blade Biter
Still out...catching baby bottoms.

Old Type, Treet 7 Days (3), Proraso Boar, CRS Wild Rose, Salvador Dali.

One weeper in the same spot as yesterday, but a very very smooth shave. Almost but not quite Dolphinic.

20230829_091111.jpg

Still In

Repeat of yesterday's shave except for the blade. Since I'm not going to get to restock the Wilkinson's on the first I decided to start back using the Lab Blue's. I have enough to get me through, I think.

Catie's did the job this time, no issues there. I didn't notice two pimples along my helmet strap line until after pass one, at which point I'd skinned them into slight weepers. 100% my fault. Otherwise a very nice shave. Call it an 8 for closeness and a 9 for comfort. I didn't bother with any cleanup since even the worst spots are still pretty darn good. Lab's in that razor are like easy mode for a comfy shave, which is why I'm just swallowing the higher price point.

GFT Skin Food - Lime
Catie's Bubbles Irish Coffee
Trafalgar 2
40's Super Speed
Personna Lab Blue (1)
B&M Muir Wood balm

Day 28, 90.3% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Cubebe
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Wizamet SI #1
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Loaded a fresh Wizamet. A good near-BBS shave, despite a hint of first-shave roughness.

Still in. Forgot to report my great shave yesterday. The usual Feather and Tech, a 9.8 shave. Today I did my (sometimes) weekly Micromatic Monday shave. I thought about sticking to my favorite (Gem 1912 series), but decided to justify one of my other acquisitions, so I went with my Ever-Ready 24-14 (AKA Little Later Catcher). It was a decent shave, but I think I need to relearn some of the basics of these flatheads (as I call most of these older SE razors.) A 9.2/10. I’ve had a small bleeder on my left cheek the past two days. That’s very unusual, it has to be a blemish or small mosquito bite.

Last edited:
Date29.08.2023
365 daily shaves
241/365
GRUME August
29/28
SOTMC (All Aventus August)
29/31
Blade Biter’s Archive05/32

RazorBladeBrush
Karve CB OC CGillette Black (9+10)Simpson T3
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Alpha Men 2.0Cold splash
Aftershave
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG TU
Efficiency
(details here)
Quality / My process
8/10 (~20m)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort / Blade condition
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to this shave:

Still out Anna looking forward to September. Though month so far.

Summary - Wow! What a great razor this is! Thanks to @JAHE. Splendid head and face shave.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

Hello everyone!
Long time no see.

Have been away for the last week and a half visiting good friends in northern Norway.
No shaving, no computer just fishing, good eating, drinking beer and having a good time :cool:

IMG-4730_1.jpg

IMG-4722_1.jpg

IMG-4726_1.jpg

Came home earlier today after a 24h drive.
I will try to get a shave later tonight.

Still in :)

Still in...Las Vegas for a work trip. :|

I hate to check bags, so no blade, so I'm making do with a truly awful cartridge razor that I dug out of the hall closet. At least I can whip up great lather with Arko! and my after-care routine is such that even a mediocre shave doesn't cause much in the way of irritation.

I can't wait to be back home on Thursday...

Onward!

Still in, 2 days of growth and managing to post on the day of shave

August GRUME : 17
2023 GRUYERE : 136

Razor : Merkur 34 HD C
Blade : Gillette Platinum (1)
Pre Shave : none
Soap (SOTM) : Arko
Brush : Semogue 1305
Aftershave: Osma Alum block , Sterling Margaritas in the Arctic balm

The blade did bite a bit which is inline with my experience with this bundle. no irritation though

Top Bottom