What's new

August 2022 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in

Pearl Flexi
Schick Ultra (8)
Shavemac 2-Band Fan 24mm
La Toja
XXX Fresco

IMG-4701_DSC_4701 (2).JPG

Still in

Speick Cream
Zenith Boar brush
Moen Bowl
Twig SE razor
Gillette 7 O’clock Green (1)
Gillette Fusion + Fusion5 (3)
Alum
Lucky Tiger lotion
Proraso Red Preshave balm

My wonderful LOTH cleaned up the back of my neck with the Fusion. The lather was a bit watery but I kept on for 2 passes and some buffing. A bit of alum feedback, but a wonderful result. Still thinking highly of this twig!

Still in, this is not difficult. I have been wanting to stop buying stuff I thought looked cool in other people's posts, and now have accountability. I am a person in recovery and have been sober a while now. Strange how powerful addictive tendencies can be when they manifest in buying shaving gear! Shaved with my Lupo 95 SB with a PAA Platinum Strangelet blade, using Sterling Glacial Electric Sheep Soap applied with a RazoRock Big Bruce brush. Finished with Proraso Green AS. Very refreshing way to start a lazy Saturday. Cheers Gents!
Really appreciate your comments and hard work towards sobriety! It’s funny that there have been times that I’ve been more tempted to buy shaving gear by following the great folks in these GRUME’s. But, overall there is wonderful support with this group.

Date:15.08.2022 Mow Monday
Focused participations:15/31 Days in GRUME (48.38% completed, still in and fought off several itches)
225/227 in 365 days of shaving (99.11%)
Other participations:Steep Angle Shaving Alliance
High Efficiency Razors Summer
Mild to Medium August
All Aventus August
Razor:Razorine Flatboy /w KCG handle
Blade:Gillette 365 (5)
Brush:Omega Proraso Boar
Soap:The AlphaMen 2.0
Bowl:Proraso Green
Preshave:Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Proraso Green preshave
Postshave:Proraso Green (A/S)
Executive Man (Balm)
Passes:WTG (NE-SW) | Gillette Slant
XTG (W-E) | Slightly Gillette Slant
Touch up pass on the jawline
Efficiency:7/10 (25 minutes)
Quality:8/10 (One weeper)
Comfort:10/10 (Super comfortable)
Effectiveness:9/10 (BBS)

The Flatboy delivered today with a two pass no ATG needed BBS ending.

Notes from today’s shave can be found here: A newbies journey into DE shaving - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/a-newbies-journey-into-de-shaving.622889/post-11887650

Still in, and no burning desire to buy anything. Would like to maybe sell off some stuff I don't use however. Today I went back to a razor I purchased back before I discovered the wetshave forums and just bought it from Amazon, probably 4 years ago. It's the Vikings Blade Cheiftain. I used an Astra SP, and PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum Soap and AS. Used my RazoRock Big Bruce brush. It was outstanding. I'm going to use this razor all week. I like my Lupo 95, but I am a suckered for TTO razors, and this one has some heft and I use zero pressure and it works very well.

Still out; having canceled the purchase of the Rudy Vey brush, and having nothing to show for breaking August GRUME, I’ve spent the past few days feeding into my addiction. Orders for a Shavemac and a M&F are in, and with them I hope the voice in my head to be tamed and my BAD quenched for the long foreseeable future. And while waiting on deliveries, I’ll enjoy my current gear, like I did today’s 3-pass BBB shave.

FC796FB9-D00F-4F09-A202-51E4F8FE756B.jpeg

Last edited:
Still out; having canceled the purchase of the Rudy Vey brush, and having nothing to show for breaking August GRUME, I’ve spent the past few days feeding into my addiction. Orders for a Shavemac and a M&F are in, and with them I hope the voice in my head to be tamed and my BAD quenched for long foreseeable future. And while waiting on deliveries, I’ll enjoy my current gear, like I did today’s 3-pass BBB shave.

View attachment 1505411
Quite the relapse ;) otoh I was looking today very hard at the colorful 3one6 models…

I'm out. 😞

Behind the scenes, I have had the chance to buy an unoptainioum razor today from one of my most favourite razor manufacturers, Blackland.
The razor, a Dart, already went out of production some time ago. It's been a "now or never" opportunity since this razor almost never shows up for sale on my side of the pond. That’s why I decided to pull the trigger.
A trade unfortunately wasn’t possible.

I'll share a photo as soon as she arrives.

I'll go, for sure, for a 30/31 approach now...
It sounds like you got something you've been seeking for a fairly long time! I hope it meets your expectations.

If nothing else, your "out" has shown (again) what a great group of people the GRUMErs are. I quite enjoyed reading all the supportive posts and I love that we've built a little community in our corner of B&B.

I'll be happy to see you next month, and I definitely want to see pictures. :)
Late getting in but I have abstained from purchases since a stick of Palmolive in Athens in early July. Should be the start of a long period without purchasing anything shave related.
Did you feel the window pushing against your backside as it was closing? :D

One out, one in - there's a kind of balance here.

And when a brother falls, it's time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal - SOTM, Arko August
2) @Markdad2
3) @Balin
4) @bjm
5) @markmc
6) @Multum in parvo - Arko August
7) @iver
8) @hopper_64
9) @kjbarth - GRUYERE
10) @ChriWilson - SOTM
11) @sandorfi SOTM
12) @elmerphud
13) JAHE - out (8/13: Dart) - All Aventus August
14) sarir97 - out (8/7: RV badger brush)
15) @La Malice - Arko August
16) @BobbyB
17) @SharpieB
18) @Stuart Ganis
19) @Roedeer
20) @Contact_vs_Feedback
21) Virtus3 - out (8/7: RR Lupo .95 OC and Timeless Ti handle)
22) @Doti B
23) @cryhavoc - Arko August
24) @Guido75
25) @Dodger59
26) @LJBraaten
27) @linty1
28) @2bit_collie
29) @Jack Goossen
30) @FL shaver

linty1

My wallet cries.
F59F7741-1592-4A8C-8889-C76D814CB0F0.jpeg

Still in. Really liking this Arko, its a solid performer at a great price, and just good value. Doesn't really seem to be disappearing, althiugh its hard to tell after the stamp faded out. 2 pass shave. Also really liking the smaller brush.

If I have a brush I wish to reknot, does that count as having dropped out? Or its ok? If its counts as dropping out I shall wait till the end of the month. No biggie.

Top Bottom