What's new

Arko is King

No Sir i am not.

Individual users still use creams, but barbers, who are the buyers of shaving soap, give up on Arko as soon as the price increases. It is replaced by equivalent products such as "Derby" or "More For You". We also want the scent profile to change, but they don't. Like I said, the only issue is cost.

The price of Arko shaving soap in Turkey is 0.36 dollars. The price drops even more in bulk purchases.
Nobody is talking about making it more expensive, or even getting rid of the original scent. Just adding another scent. Or even a scentless version. That would cost nothing and the people who want to buy boxes of the original scent still could without paying a penny more.

I don't buy that excuse at all. It's like saying making a red crayon will ruin the blue crayons.

Reactions: Anu
Hey any Arko stick technique shares?
Me...wash face w soap and hot water, leave face wet, color my whole face like using a huge crayon. Re-wet hands & rub all over till slippery. Go shave.
Exactly. Except I use a brush after painting with the stick. Getting a good lot on also helps to target your stubble areas. I also bloom the stick by wetting the end for about 30 secs and then standing stick upright it while I load my razor.
I use a brush to get a good lather and if you get it right, you have the brush loaded for at least 2 more passes, even more with touch ups.
It works well with any cheap synthetic brush. Don't be worried to use a somewhat wet brush. King ARKO is a thirsty regent.

Last edited:
Ok, I tried Arko today and was pleasantly surprised. Bought a puck a couple months ago, after reading this thread decided to use. Opened, smelled like strong Ivory soap. It was rattling around in the container, wet all over and pressed in a little, then the real scent came through, more about that in a min. Swirled soaked brush about 30 seconds, straight to face, adding a little water along made a very good slick lather, had the right shine. Very good 3 pass shave with RR BBS AS and Kai (3rd use) blade, easy BBS. Mmmm this is not too bad, rivals some of the other soaps I use, and saves some money. So for the final test, went to wife, opened container, take a sniff what do you think? A quick, God no, that smells like a dirty bathroom at W-Mart. So I guess I'll try again in a couple days.........

No complaints here. It tolerated a lot of water and made for a very nice shave.

20211113_084100.jpg

I have Arko and don't use it much. But there's nothing wrong with the performance. This made me get my open Arko stick and press it into an empty B&M container I had lying around. Going to use it next. I don't care for the smell much but since the stick has been open for like 5 years it's definitely toned down. 😅

It is not DRH, it is not Calani, it is not Klar Kabinett, it is not one of all the really nice shaving super soaps that seem to pop up every other day nowadays but it is absolutely the shaving soap with the best price/quality ratio on the planet. Unbeatable in hot weather and a serious contender if I could only pick one soap for the rest of my life. Scent is simple but pleasant enough and performance is reliable. I love it!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
It is not DRH, it is not Calani, it is not Klar Kabinett, it is not one of all the really nice shaving super soaps that seem to pop up every other day nowadays but it is absolutely the shaving soap with the best price/quality ratio on the planet. Unbeatable in hot weather and a serious contender if I could only pick one soap for the rest of my life. Scent is simple but pleasant enough and performance is reliable. I love it!
It has been a long time! I often wonder how you are doing.

Top Bottom