What's new

Arko vs jurikyun

I have struggled in the last few months to get a good lather from my arko. I get the soap too wet and with the soaked brush it’s too thin. I adjust the water but I just can’t seem to get it right. On the flip, I get 5x the lather with little effort from the other soap. I still like Arko, but I have found the other gives me a better shave all around.

I have struggled in the last few months to get a good lather from my arko. I get the soap too wet and with the soaked brush it’s too thin. I adjust the water but I just can’t seem to get it right. On the flip, I get 5x the lather with little effort from the other soap. I still like Arko, but I have found the other gives me a better shave all around.
Try washing and rinsing your face twice with hot water and soap.Leave face wet . Rub the stick "thoroughly " all over your whiskers . Shake out your brush so it's just slightly wet then work up a good lather , this technique may work better, especially if you have hard water .

Try washing and rinsing your face twice with hot water and soap.Leave face wet . Rub the stick "thoroughly " all over your whiskers . Shake out your brush so it's just slightly wet then work up a good lather , this technique may work better, especially if you have hard water .
This ^^^

I've lathered my brush directly off the stick and it works, but not well enough to repeat that method. I like rubbing the stick over my face as it doesn't seem like you're doing anything, until ... You add a lightly dampened brush and start the scrubbing action. Then the lather just builds and builds until you're happy with the results.

This ^^^

I've lathered my brush directly off the stick and it works, but not well enough to repeat that method. I like rubbing the stick over my face as it doesn't seem like you're doing anything, until ... You add a lightly dampened brush and start the scrubbing action. Then the lather just builds and builds until you're happy with the results.
This is why Arko is my constant travel companion. Grab a stick and any cheap brush you have laying around, throw it in the bag and enjoy quick, quality lather in minutes. No muss, no fuss, no tubs and if it disappears into the TSA twilight zone.... No worries

I was recently sucked into this as I like Arko, I mean it is hard to beat for the price and the smell does subside a little over time. My order for Jikoryen went in just a few days ago and will hopefully be seen/used sometime in January. I am one of those that smoosh Arko into a shave mug for use and have never had an issue getting a great lather. Most of the time I find I need to add a little water as the lather is too thick, but sure sometimes the brush is to wet so I just give a quick shake and a few more rubs on the soap and it's usually good to go. Can't wait to see if there is a real noticeable difference side by side or if this is more like the same stick with a different wrapper.

Top Bottom