What's new

Arko is King

I just had an excellent shave. I feel just as fresh and happy as the handsome guy on the lid.

Arko.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Yes it is. I have had a couple of years with serious (not grave) physical issues that took away the fun in shaving (and visiting B&B) but things have been improving this year, shaving is fun again and RAD and RBAD flaired up so I couldn't resist checking how things were going here on B&B.
Thank you for letting us know friend. I always wonder when friends disappear...

Just arrived, $1.25/stick. It's the new version with a fresh lemony/citronella/soapy scent that rinses clean leaving an invigorating non-greasy PSF.

full
You mean it is ARKO normal? Or a scent change? If it keeps mosquitoes away, as is normal, I am content. Seriously, the citronella content in ARKO does tend to keep biting insects' attacks down, from my camping experience using it. I understand citronella was used in anti-insect formulas by Allied forces in the Far East in WW2.

Last edited:
well I've been using Arko now for almost a month, and I have used it 14 times now, the scent is still the same, the performance is of course amazing, and while another brand of soap might offer more in weight and volume for more money, but why......$6.50 for a puck shipped to my door.........you can't beat it.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
well I've been using Arko now for almost a month, and I have used it 14 times now, the scent is still the same, the performance is of course amazing, and while another brand of soap might offer more in weight and volume for more money, but why......$6.50 for a puck shipped to my door.........you can't beat it.
I use it daily and get about six weeks per stick.

3rd shave with Arko, have the red container/puck, a mess to lather, little red container is too small. Kind of getting used to the scent, actually not too bad. Very good lather, just right, not too thin or thick, excellent cushion and residual for touch ups. And it's cheap. Do I need help or an intervention before this gets too bad, another rabbit hole full of little red pucks???????

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I haven't counted but I think I get around 100 two pass uses from a stick of Arko. The one I'm using now was opened for ARKO-SHARKO AUGUST in 2020 so it was used daily for a month; then used once or twice a month for a year, and then again daily for ARKO-SHARKO AUGUST 2021. Here it is about a month ago. It probably has been used for about 75 shaves at this point, and there's still a good bit of life in it.

sotd 10 31a.jpeg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Well the puck might be more expensive but it's still pretty cheap. And even though I enjoy the Arko scent while shaving I don't want to smell it every time I use my bathroom. So a little red lid is worth the price in my opinion :)

Doing some catching up….

Wait a minute, you’re using a $2 shaving soap that you don’t like the smell of?

Top Bottom