What's new

Arko August 2022

img_8017-jpg.1505500

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
ARKO - Boarko - Loko August 16

Still in.

Gold Dollar W59 finished on an Adaee #12000 Cnat. ARKO stick face lathered using a Proraso Pro boar brush. Three passes, WTG, XTG+CdM and another XTG in the opposite direction. All a perfect combination for one of my must comfortable shaves.

full

Last edited:
ARKO August 16

Razor: Schone OC
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum (3)
Brush: Omega 10081 beehive boar
P/S: Noxzema
Soap: ARKO stick + Mitchell's Wool Fat
A/S: DIY lemon witch hazel, Proraso Green splash

DFS+

Today's ARKO August mixology experiment is one of the best performing combos yet. MWF provides some lanolin to compensate for ARKO's drying effect. ARKO boosts MWF to make lathering effortless. With a ton of water, both soaps provide plenty of slickness.

Lovely Tuesday morning Arko shave. 9.5/10!
  • '38-45 Tech weighted w/birdshot and sealed with wax. Had forgotten how much I love shaving with this one. Plus, it's just such a handsome razor. Always reminds me of a P47 Thunderbolt or Checker taxi cab. Classic, tough, and dependable. :cool:
  • Lab Blue (18). Personal record for a DE blade.
  • Barburys Balm: 89¢ at Sallys. Has a menthol/sandlewood-ish scent. But was jonesing for some burn, so splashed on the VIBR. That's a great combo!
This mug of Franken Arko is about to get the last bits of Cella too, so it's only going to get better.
Cheers!

1660666958494.png

ARKO Report Day 16

PXL_20220816_144751557.PORTRAIT.jpg

PAA Menthol Cube, pre-shave
Leaf razor
half of Nacet blade
Semogue 830
TOBS Grapefruit
Arko stick

Good Day Gents
Today I spent a lot of time prepping my face. After a hot shower, I applied the PAA menthol cube and thin sudsy grapefruit lather. Then I rinsed most of it off after a couple minutes. On top of the "pre-shave" treatment I applied a good lather with Arko. I have read some discussion on B&B about applying a conditioning lather for a minute or two and then rinsing some of it off before applying the actual shaving lather. The plan worked good.

The Leaf has a very slim profile, using half of a DE blade. It maneuvers very well.

I am really enjoying Boar-ing shaves. Notice the rubber band around the boar brush-it is to keep the stray hairs at bay but open enough to dry out. I have a Semogue SOC brush coming in the mail...my last shaving product of the month.

My next step will be in the September GRUME.

Last edited:
Tuesday, August 16th an ARKO/Boarko/Down Low (shave #7)- two and 1/2 passes resulted in an easy, stress free, and most lovely shave; BBS-, 10-/10, very close, almost totally smooth, and trouble free:

Razor: Supply 2.0 injector w/ SE plate- IMO this SE plate delivers what is advertised, making the Supply 2.0 retrofitted into a very easy, nearly error proof, fine shaver
Blade: Supply Black label injector (5)- still good
Soap: ARKO stick in a plastic tube
Brush: Omega boar
Post: rinse, then some Floid Vigoroso AS splash, and I finished my coffee :)

Enjoy the rest of your week!

PXL_20220816_173108866_2.jpg

Arko August 2022 # 8
This was my first time using this Pearl Flexi of a razor. Good result.
Growth: 48 hours
Pass: WTG /ATG

Razor: Pearl Flexi (4-3)
Blade: Bic Astor Stainless (4)
Brush: old no name China (painted panda)
Lather: Arko Men sensitive cream
Aftershave: Barbasol Brisk

Have some wonderful shaves!

Top Bottom