Arko August 2022

The 18th Day of ARKOing...

PXL_20220818_145809694.PORTRAIT (1).jpg

Feather Popular razor
Personna Platinum
AP G5C brush
Arko stick

Good Day Gents

It doesn't get much simpler or better than this.

I know, I've said it before but I'll say it again. I really like the $20 "Popular" razor by Feather. It is light weight, has safe but effective geometry and because of its weight, it glides across my face with no pressure.

About two hours before shaving, I soaked the tips of my new Semogue 830 boar. After shaving, I dried it out on a rough towel to speed up the break-in process. I'll let it dry until tomorrow and I think it is good to go.

One last thing. A new Semogue SOC brush is out for delivery so I'll start breaking it in this evening. That will make three good boar brushes. I could become a Boarkolite the rest of the month.

ARKO August 17

Razor: Gillette New SC (replated in nickel)
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Brush: Omega 10081 beehive boar
Soap: ARKO stick + Ach. Brito Musgo
A/S: DIY lemon witch hazel, La Toja splash + Osage Rub

DFS+

Today's ARKO August experiment (#8) was a good combination. ARKO adds a bit of tallowy goodness to the quite good Musgo soap. The scents actually blend together all right. I'm not sure whether this combo should be called "Argo" or maybe "Musko".

The Personna Lab Blue seems like a good match for the New Short Comb. Very comfortable and smooth shave.

GRUME August Shave 11/16

No of Arko Shave 6

Prep : Hot shower
Preshave : None
Brush : Proraso Boar
Soap : Bol A Raser Monsavon
Razor : Merkur HD 34 C
Blade : Platinium (6)
Post : dickinson witch hazel, Mennen Apres Rasage Grand Large

Well hello back folks, I have been away for a solid week and decided to swipe the Monsavon Bol a raser croap for the Arko stick ... Nothing special to report, I'll must likely will get back early in next week after trying another slant shave saturday

Arko August 2022 # 10
Yesterday's night shave

Growth: 48 hours
Pass: WTG /ATG

Razor: Pearl Flexi (4-3)
Blade: Bic Astor Stainless (5)
Brush: Yaqi Brush Mokka Express Handle R1737
Lather: Arko Men sensitive cream
Aftershave: Denim original

Have some wonderful shaves!

Boarkoing in the land of Arko, Day 19

PXL_20220819_133247691.PORTRAIT.jpg

Rockwell 6S
Personna Platinum
Semogue 830
Pre de Provence (first pass)
Arko (second pass)

Hey Guys, Sorry for the blurry photo.

The Semogue 830 is breaking in nicely. I included the Semogue Cherry SOC in the photo because I have already started breaking it in. Both brushes are already showing a lot of split-ends. I didn't have any scritchy or prickly feel when using the 830 brush. Tomorrow I will use the Omega Italian and then the SOC brush. I guess you could say I'm getting kinda boarky!

I have always enjoyed the fresh clean scent of the Bergamot and Thyme soap. I had a eureka moment and combined it with Arko. Arko is a little more one dimensional but both are similar and combine well.

Hell.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::thumbup:

@Phoenixkh , good to see your comments! We have been reading a lot of similar threads.
Maybe there is still hope for @Mike M !

Good Day Gents

Last edited:
Life has been very busy and I haven't posted for a week or so. Still using Arko and having great shaves. I finished my Arko stick yesterday so today I broke out a fresh (2018) puck of Arko. Normally I smash a stick in my mug. The puck fit nicely in my mug and it was fun seeing the Arko dude looking up from the mug.

Razor: Karve CB OC B plate
Blade: Astra SP
Soap: Arko puck
Brush: RR Beehive
A/S: Aqua Velva

Great shave. WTG and ATG with a third XTG on the jaw line. BBS and very smooth. Still almost BBS 11 hours later.

Top Bottom