ARKOLIAN Boaring Down Low Report, Day 17

PXL_20220817_144713693.PORTRAIT.jpg

Schick Krona
Personna Platinum
Omega boar
Palmolive cream (1st pass)
Arko stick (2nd pass)

Good Day Gents
Today was a good shave. The Krona is a tad bit more aggressive than most of my mild razors.
The Palmolive cream developed a nice moist sheen and lots of lather. I added the Arko in a bowl with the leftover cream and enjoyed the fresh clean scent.
The "Italian" brush is breaking in nicely.

I focused on a good conditioning pre-shave with lots of cool water and sudsy Palmolive pre-shave application. After adjusting the lather, I splashed my face again and reapplied lather with very light brush pressure. I let the razor do its job and applied almost no pressure. The textured bottom of my bowl made it easy to mix Arko with the Palmolive. The Schick razor is efficient enough that the second pass wasn't really necessary except for a few touch up areas.

2163382A-325D-4559-98C3-0A58CB52D41D.jpeg

Prep: Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser used w/ a Clarisonic Mia Men

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Gillette NEW De Luxe Belmont Gold

Brush: Omega Boar 80005/10005
Soap: Arko

Aftershave: Pinaud Citrus Musk

This was my first time using this razor and it provided a fine dfs+ shave after 3 passes. The handle is definitely on the short side but the grip was excellent. The weight is noticeable and works well in combination with the open-comb.

I'm very pleased with this razor both aesthetically and functionally. I will most certainly be using it again.

Arko Boarko Loko #9
1921 Silver NEW Improved "standard"
1986 G2 Gillette Super Stainless "The Spoiler" (5)
Arko stick face-lathered with Semogue 820 Boar
Old Spice Swagger splash

PXL_20220817_135504833.jpg

I think this razor is gorgeous. Today's shave was my first time using it, and I found it to be fairly aggressive. However, it could be that my vintage Spoiler (on its fifth use) is degrading. I stropped it after this shave and will give it another try. I did a two-pass plus touch up approach to reach DFS with a few weepers. The Old Spice splash stung like a bee after this one.

Arko Boarko Loko #9
1921 Silver NEW Improved "standard"
1986 G2 Gillette Super Stainless "The Spoiler" (5)
Arko stick face-lathered with Semogue 820 Boar
Old Spice Swagger splash

View attachment 1506665

I think this razor is gorgeous. Today's shave was my first time using it, and I found it to be fairly aggressive. However, it could be that my vintage Spoiler (on its fifth use) is degrading. I stropped it after this shave and will give it another try. I did a two-pass plus touch up approach to reach DFS with a few weepers. The Old Spice splash stung like a bee after this one.
No no it’s an efficient piece, I tell you :)

559FEA46-9507-4FCC-A440-18917DB87B9B.jpeg

I found Arko drying, but the best way to stop Arko drying my skin is to use an SV soap instead.
Well, I must confess that that would certainly solve the problem. But I must ask, do you also buy a horse when your car breaks down?

It's been my experience that some "problems" have a simple and cost effective solution hidden in the plethora of options available. One must but look...

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Face Wash: King C. Gillette

Razor: Gillette Heritage

Blade: Gillette Minora Stainless

Shave Stick: Arko

Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Synthetic

Aftershave: Bootlegger's Green Freeze

Eye Gel: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

Slight mishap this morning. As I was unwrapping a fresh Gillette Minora my thumb caught the edge of the blade and....blood. Not a bad cut, but I'm dinging myself a whole point for being careless. The shave was excellent though. The GF put a SpongeBob SquarePants band aid on it (the only band aids we had on hand) Might as well bring some humor in on this. :001_smile

Have a great day, everyone!

9/10

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Well, I must confess that that would certainly solve the problem. But I must ask, do you also buy a horse when your car breaks down?

It's been my experience that some "problems" have a simple and cost effective solution hidden in the plethora of options available. One must but look...
If my car breaks down because the battery keeps going flat do I charge the Arko battery every day in hopes that one day it will work or do I buy a new battery from SV that works every time, and makes the car smell better?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Cremo Classic shave soap (applied by hand - tube)
Soap: Arko 👍
Brush: Semogue Pharos synthetic 👍
Razor: Wolfman WR1 SS SB .74 👍😍🤯
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1) 🦈
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel & Aloe (Lemon) - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Stirling Triumph aftershave splash

A very close Arko/Sharko August shave on three-days of growth, DFS/BBS with no blood. Arko continues to impress. The Shark SS was less than stellar on its first shave. Hoping shave #2 is better. WR1 is a close shaver...love it!

Good one!

Top Bottom