What's new

Newbie checking in...

Hello, so I've been lurking in this forum and some shaving subreddits for a while because I was contemplating the whole ritual of wet shaving with a safety razor, brush, soap etc. instead of just a gel and cartridge razor (which was irritating my skin).

I decided to take the plunge and bought the following recently:

• Edwin Jagger DE89 safety razor + Astra SP blades
  • Yaqi Atlantis synthetic brush (24 mm)
  • Yaqi ceramic shaving bowl
  • Arko shaving stick
  • Proraso shaving cream & aftershave balm

I have already shaved a couple of times and I'm satisfied with the results but still in the learning phase. Wet shaving is really addictive and I cannot wait to shave again every day or other day. I'd say the biggest challenge so far is to remember to NOT apply pressure like you do with a cartridge razor, all these years of muscle memory don't help...

Welcome to the forum. You chose your first kit well. What do you think of the scent of Arko?
Thanks. The Arko shaving stick definitely smells different but I did not find it "disgusting" or whatever, just a soapy different smell. I really liked the face lather it offered (needed lots of water), I actually prefer it to the Proraso shaving cream.

Welcome to B&B! That's an interesting take on Arko. I'm actually the other way around. Love Proraso Green shave cream and the soap. Arko works well for me as well. Pretty bland scent. I like to mix Arko with other soaps.

Welcome from another newer B & B member. You seem to have acquired a great combination there. Once you get started you can't stop getting more. I just ordered a vintage Gillette razor made in 1951, the year of my birth. Gotta have a razor you can shave with that was made when you were born. My wife just does not understand so I have to come here where you guys understand.

Top Bottom