What's new

Arko August 2022

August 13th

Today's shave was with a 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (17) in my Gillette Black Beauty (on 5). ARKO was face lathered with my Vie Longhorse hair brush. A really nice, smooth shave. BBS.

20220813_114117-Edit.jpg

Saturday, August 13th- ARKO/Boarko/on the down low (shave #6)- a good two-pass shave, a couple of tiny weepers that closed immediately on rinse, score it a DFS, 9/10:

Razor: Tradere SB- figured I would try the Treet in this one today
Blade: Treet 7 days (2)- an okay stainless blade, not the sharpest or the smoothest, and in the heavier razor I did give myself a few tiny weepers
Lather: ARKO stick- nice lather, after a year this stick now smells a lot like laundry detergent to me :)
Brush: Omega Jade boar

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

PXL_20220813_181333784_2.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Saturday, August 13th- ARKO/Boarko/on the down low (shave #6)- a good two-pass shave, a couple of tiny weepers that closed immediately on rinse, score it a DFS, 9/10:

Razor: Tradere SB- figured I would try the Treet in this one today
Blade: Treet 7 days (2)- an okay stainless blade, not the sharpest or the smoothest, and in the heavier razor I did give myself a few tiny weepers
Lather: ARKO stick- nice lather, after a year this stick now smells a lot like laundry detergent to me :)
Brush: Omega Jade boar

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

View attachment 1504305
Love that brush handle my friend!

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
View attachment 1504391

Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Proraso
The red, the white, the blue, the black...that's a beautiful soap container. Hopefully Professor Mikey-arty @Mike M will learn to appreciate the fine visual qualities, aroma, and wonderful lathering qualities of this divine shaving product. I just smelled my Arko puck. :001_smile

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
The red, the white, the blue, the black...that's a beautiful soap container. Hopefully Professor Mikey-arty @Mike M will learn to appreciate the fine visual qualities, aroma, and wonderful lathering qualities of this divine shaving product. I just smelled my Arko puck. :001_smile
Yeah, the smell of that Arko puck has gone to your head and now you appear to be hallucinating.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Razor: Gillette Heritage

Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

Shave Stick: Arko

Brush: Hawkins & Brimble Synthetic

Aftershave: Bootlegger's Original Bay Rum

Eye Gel: Neutrogena Hydro Boost

Morning Listening: Bill Evans - From Left to Right

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
14 August - ARKO-Boarko-Loko

This morning I finished working through my T.R. Cadman "Bengall" 7DS.

SOTD 20220814.JPG
Tomorrow I will start using a new stick of ARKO and start the week working through three of my 2DSs and a shavette, all with a Proraso Pro boar of cause. The SRs with the black tails are finished on a Cnat whetstone and the others on diamond pasted balsa.

DSCF0877.JPG
Top to bottom left to right:
Oxor shavette with Feather DE half-blade​
Proraso Pro boar brush​
New ARKO stick​
Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 off Cnat​
Titan ACRM-2 T.H.60 off balsa​
Titan ACRO T.H.64 off Cnat​
Titan ACRO T.H.64 off balsa​
Gold Dollar W59 off Cnat​
Gold Dollar W59 off balsa​

A Boar-ing Good Arkorific Day, #14

PXL_20220814_134907418.PORTRAIT.jpg

Rockwell 6S, plate 4
Personna Platinum
Semogue 830
Arko stick

Good Day Gents

Today was boar-ing!
I am really becoming a fan of boar brushes. I have done some break-in techniques found on B&B and my new brush already has nice spli-ends and soft tips. I think the rough bottom of the bowl speeds up the break-in process but I am careful not to apply much pressure on the brush.
I added a drop of Stirling Frost Drops to the
exquisite ingredients and delightful scent of Arko to add a little drama to the shave. Are you paying attention @Mike M )

The Rockwell is great but Personna blades are just OK.

Last edited:
Sunday ARKO shave

Cold water used throughout the shave
Bicrops porcelain lather bowl
ARKO shave soap (puck) for ARKO August
Yaqi Timberwolf "Mysterious Space" 24mm synthetic brush
Karve Christopher Bradley Brass w/ SS E plate (E plate generously PIFed by @Captain Pre-Capsize )
Shark Super Chrome blade (3)
Aqua Velva after shave

This was the usual three pass shave; WTG, XTG, ATG. I tiptoed through this shave due to exercising caution using the more aggressive E plate. It turns out that caution was not required since the CB w/ E plate was mildly efficient, but still very smooth. I got one tiny weeper in a location where they commonly occur, so no big deal. It disappeared by itself. The Shark blade was likely a bit dull, but it was a leftover from SHARK!!! Week, so it's done.

ARKO is working very well, and I'm thankful for ARKO Sharko Shark Week and ARKO August since it has opened my eyes to the great performance it provides, at a bargain price. I've used ARKO exclusively since July 24, and intend to use it throughout August!

This was an easy shave that turned out well.

9.5/10

Top Bottom