What's new

Any Reviews on the GC open comb ?

That makes sense to me. I had some trouble taking the blade off this morning. I can see how it can be called dangerous. I may find a small flat metal piece that I can get under the blade from the blade side and use it like a fulcrum to lift the blade off. I think the problem comes from grabbing the tabs from both ends which only tends to bend the blade, thereby shortening the distance between the contact points and making it eve more difficult to take it off. I'm sure I can find something in my workshop. Just another shaving tool to add to the den. :001_rolle

I was thinking the same thing. I've got a small flat head screwdriver under my sink that my wife left there years ago for some reason. If I get a really stuck blade I'm sure it'll slide underneath.

I find the difficulty varies with different brands of blades. Some pop off easily while with others I need to hold a finger on the center and flip the ends up one at a time. Not a big problem so far.

Just an update... I bought the SB plate. As I thought it would be, it was even worse than the OC on my face but it was exceptional as a head shaver. So it turns out that the JAWS and the SB is the combo! They both work best for me with a Feather blade. I question if there SB would work for anyone that has to shave daily and get a close shave. There might be too much irritation due to having to do to many passes. As a head shaver, one pass ATG was comfortable and BBS.

What the previous person said they did was to turn the plate over so the blade was facing down on a towel or soft cloth then push down on one side of the safety bar. That pops the blade right off.
I have been using that technique as well and it works great.

I'm really struggling with this razor. I'm 5 shaves in and it went like this:

1) Terrible. 2 pass shave with red spots and a very grainy feel after a with the growth pass and across the growth pass. Feather blade on use 2. Smooth on the cheeks, tuggy on the chin and under the jaw.

2) Same as above but with a third pass against the growth. Even after going against the growth I still felt a lot of stubble on my face. Same feather blade so this was its third use.

3) Very good, close to BBS but not quite. Very smooth and no irritation. New feather blade on its first use.

4) Same as 2. Feather on its 2nd use.

5) Same as 1. Feather on its 3rd use.

I'm not ready to say it is the razor's fault as this is only my second razor and first open comb, but it has been a very disappointing ride so far when compared to my Futur even on setting 1. A with the growth pass using the Futur on 1 with a feather blade on its 5th use has beaten 2 passes with the Game Changer OC every single time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm really struggling with this razor. I'm 5 shaves in and it went like this:

1) Terrible. 2 pass shave with red spots and a very grainy feel after a with the growth pass and across the growth pass. Feather blade on use 2. Smooth on the cheeks, tuggy on the chin and under the jaw.

2) Same as above but with a third pass against the growth. Even after going against the growth I still felt a lot of stubble on my face. Same feather blade so this was its third use.

3) Very good, close to BBS but not quite. Very smooth and no irritation. New feather blade on its first use.

4) Same as 2. Feather on its 2nd use.

5) Same as 1. Feather on its 3rd use.

I'm not ready to say it is the razor's fault as this is only my second razor and first open comb, but it has been a very disappointing ride so far when compared to my Futur even on setting 1. A with the growth pass using the Futur on 1 with a feather blade on its 5th use has beaten 2 passes with the Game Changer OC every single time.

Have you tried using different angles of approach during your shaves with the GC OC? There is a decent window for adjusting your angle of attack with the OC. Are you closer to riding the cap, in the middle or more on the teeth? Try some different angles in technique to see if it helps you in improving your comfort level while still giving you quality shaves.

Good luck and keep us posted.... :thumbup1:

Have you tried using different angles of approach during your shaves with the GC OC? There is a decent window for adjusting your angle of attack with the OC. Are you closer to riding the cap, in the middle or more on the teeth? Try some different angles in technique to see if it helps you in improving your comfort level while still giving you quality shaves.

Good luck and keep usposted.... [emoji106]1:
Thanks, I'll pay more attention to the angle on my next shave.

Just an update... I bought the SB plate. As I thought it would be, it was even worse than the OC on my face but it was exceptional as a head shaver. So it turns out that the JAWS and the SB is the combo! They both work best for me with a Feather blade. I question if there SB would work for anyone that has to shave daily and get a close shave. There might be too much irritation due to having to do to many passes. As a head shaver, one pass ATG was comfortable and BBS.
What do you think about R41 for headshaving.... I have been using it and just today went back to the Jaws...and was short changed.... I even tried a Schick a few days back and was subpar.....R41 seems to be my new fav

What do you think about R41 for headshaving.... I have been using it and just today went back to the Jaws...and was short changed.... I even tried a Schick a few days back and was subpar.....R41 seems to be my new fav

I gave up a long time ago trying to find a single razor for my face and my head. I have tried the R41 on my head and have found it to be too aggressive for me. I use the GC SB on my head with a Feather blade and I have found it to be an exceptional shave. I really like my R41, but for me the JAWS seems more efficient on my face.

I gave up a long time ago trying to find a single razor for my face and my head. I have tried the R41 on my head and have found it to be too aggressive for me. I use the GC SB on my head with a Feather blade and I have found it to be an exceptional shave. I really like my R41, but for me the JAWS seems more efficient on my face.
Thanks, I just happen to have received Feathers yesterday, was a bit "scared" to use them for my head. Will try tomorrow. On the face i had used before and it was OK.

Top Bottom