What's new

Active Yates Users QQ

I don't know about the OC version, but the scalloped EH plate has ruined my taste for razors. I used to consider the EH just as good as the Blackbird with the standard plate, but after using my Yates for a long time now, I find the Blackbird and pretty much any other razor in my collection as super mild and not very efficient and that's both good and bad for me.
I feel the same way. I've tried many aluminum razors over the years and never liked the weight or tactile experience. I was really skeptical when I broke down and bought a Ti 921. Now it's my go to. I can't believe how much I like how that razor shaves and feels in the hand.

I find the Blackbird and pretty much any other razor in my collection as super mild and not very efficient and that's both good and bad for me.
It happens when you get used to something extremely effective...going back is difficult
Got Talent Joe GIF by Italia's Got Talent

It happens when you get used to something extremely effective...going back is difficult
Got Talent Joe GIF by Italia's Got Talent's Got Talent

It sure is. I'm not fan of the super and hype aggressive razors, but I do enjoy razors with very high efficiency combined with a decent amount of smoothness. A few weeks ago I've decided to do the ultimate test with my Yates EH, which I've done only with a select few razors that are quite mild. The test was to shave around the most delicate part of my body and the Yates performed outstanding!

It sure is. I'm not fan of the super and hype aggressive razors, but I do enjoy razors with very high efficiency combined with a decent amount of smoothness. A few weeks ago I've decided to do the ultimate test with my Yates EH, which I've done only with a select few razors that are quite mild. The test was to shave around the most delicate part of my body and the Yates performed outstanding!
Yates is a great razor, I agree
the H and EH plates are excellent

Yates is a great razor, I agree
the H and EH plates are excellent
I'm more impatient reeding all good reviews and my order still on Queue.. and there are many many orders after, looks like they are very busy. Slow like this was only Karve.. (and of course Wolfman with waiting list)

I asked and Jake responded fast (not like Chris from Karve…)
They have actually problems with material supply, but it should be resolved in couple days.

My idea was always Chris (Karve) has much to do, and such a small company doesn't have possibility to answer every customers e-mail. Now I can see for Yates it is no problem what is apparently problem (to be responsive) for Karve. So for me much more personal (and personality) depending and not how big or small company is.

I ordered one too, not ready to use it yet still Newb but wanted to get the process rolling and my order hasn't budged in 11 days now, like I said no rush that's why I ordered it now so it would be here for when I am ready to trial a new razor. They look great and the reviews are really good so we will see.

My experience is that Jake Yates is reliable and cares about providing good service. In my case, I forgot to add engraving on my H plate when ordering and asked him about it. He said to send it to him and he'd engrave it for me for free. He did so and I am a very happy and satisfied customer. Yates razors are a top quality product from a USA small business who cares about their customers.

Join me if you want...

Top Bottom