What's new

Acquisitions 29th March - 4th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
And last but not least, what I hope is a double ring case (can someone please tell me if it isn't). It is in pretty poor condition externally but looks OK internally. It doesn't have the proper blade cases but it's a start. It comes with a bonus razor and a silver blade case.

I think it's a plane Gillette NEW but with a Double Ring case, or one of the earlier Single Rings. But I'm not sure about those Single Rings cases. Try to look at MrRazors pages.

Got a nice condition 5/8" Wick's Special. A 17/16ths Geo Westenholm. And a Cream colored, quite weighty Vintage "Century Pure Badger 62" shave brush.

proxy.php

Snagged a 12 pipe rack for my straights and pipe for $10 in oak.

I also talked to a woman at the Essential oil's / Incense stand and she seemed very interested in my soaps. She suggested that she might want to distribute them for me once I've got a final recipe set.

I also hit a couple garage sales, Snagged a Craftsman 7.25" miter saw for $15 and a neat old lidded copper dish I may coat inside and use as a soap dish for $3.

Saw a rusted to crap no name razor for $169 at the flea market too. You've gotta love people that think they've got something special when it's really just trash.

Yeah, I appreciate you coming by my stand at the flea market! Some other sucker behind you bought my razor for $169. You missed out. :001_tt2:

Hehe. Nah, if it was your stand it would have had more straights. You can't fool me.

This guy was a knife/sword dealer with a small cabinet of nazi memorabilia, one straight and a couple straight boxes.

The Geo was from another stall. Closed in one of those rotating cases. I saw it, figured it'd be another 5/8", but what the hell says I. I asked to see it too since he was getting the other (much cheaper) razor out for me anyway. I opened it up and stammered, "Yeah, I'll take them both." My first Mammoth.

Last edited:
Very cool!

I really should check out my local flea market and antique shop, I just hate all the old idiots selling priced garbage (basically!)

The part that irritates me are all the "dollar store" type stores that stock the crappiest Imports from China at a 500% markup rather than stuff that actually belongs in a flea market. There was a great flea market when I was like 5 years old. When I went back at 11 or so, it was all those stalls. Retiree's doing it to make money with no interest whatsoever in what they sold. It closed down a couple years after that. This one isn't too bad, but it's mostly groceries and food stalls. Only about 25% of it is actual flea market.

Here's my scores from yesterday.

First up is a 24mm finest badger extra hair knot from Golden Nib for my next brush restore.

proxy.php

Followed by a used bottle of vintage Tropical Passport Lime aftershave

proxy.php

a Gillette Techmatic

proxy.php

and my second Milady razor this week (I can't resist a bargain).

proxy.php

I picked up a few soaps and something special. Here is my score:

This is a laser engraved soap bowl from Gentlemen's Best http://gentlemensbest.com/shavingproducts.aspx $5 is even donated to B&B when you get one with your initials. I also put a puck of Gentlemen's Best Signature Series in it. It smells Great and SWMBO loves it!!!
View attachment 97977

Here is a custom engraving of the Marine Corps Seal!!!!:drool:
View attachment 97975

I've been waiting and waiting to try MWF and finally pulled the trigger...
View attachment 97978

And my first Ogallala. If this is what Bay Rum smells like, I love Bay Rum!!!
View attachment 97979

The part that irritates me are all the "dollar store" type stores that stock the crappiest Imports from China at a 500% markup rather than stuff that actually belongs in a flea market. There was a great flea market when I was like 5 years old. When I went back at 11 or so, it was all those stalls. Retiree's doing it to make money with no interest whatsoever in what they sold. It closed down a couple years after that. This one isn't too bad, but it's mostly groceries and food stalls. Only about 25% of it is actual flea market.

Yep, that is irritating. I remember back in the early 80's the San Jose Flea Market used to be mostly used stuff. Then 5 or so years later, crappy dollar store booths. One after another. Never went back.

-jim

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member

Truth!!!!

I spent a few hours today at 7 Mile Fair in Wisconsin, and 90 percent of the crap there is brand spanking new merchandise.

Hello? It's a flea market!! You don't get no stinkin' fleas from brand new shrink wrapped plastic Chinese shoes!

Truth!!!!

I spent a few hours today at 7 Mile Fair in Wisconsin, and 90 percent of the crap there is brand spanking new merchandise.

Hello? It's a flea market!! You don't get no stinkin' fleas from brand new shrink wrapped plastic Chinese shoes!

Maybe you do...

:001_smile

-jim

Saw a rusted to crap no name razor for $169 at the flea market too. You've gotta love people that think they've got something special when it's really just trash.

I had a guy insist that the notches and uneven blade on a straight could be "cleaned up". It's like I couldn't make him understand that it's called a "straight" razor for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom