What's new

Acquisitions 29th March - 4th April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yah, I've tried soaking it. There are some major nicks in the head (its nicked to an almost yellowy metal) and the "adjustable" portion of it is seized.

I've had adjustable's and fatboys where the adjustment dial was seized and I could not get it to move. Hence....came the pressure cooker with the hot steam. If you have a pressure cooker or can borrow one, put the razor in the cooker with a couple of cups of water and a couple of teaspoons of Cascade powdered dishwashing detergent. Let the razor cook for about 10 minutes while the indicator is just gently rocking. Turn off after about 10 minutes. After the steam and pressure is released, and it has cooled down, take it out and scrub it with a soft tooth brush and some Bon Ami cleanser. It should be sparkling and the dial should be freed up. If you have plating loss.....only re-plating will help that situation. If your at a thrift store look for some used pressure cookers. That's how I found my cooker and all I needed was a gasket made of rubber to seal in the heat and steam. Picked one up at the True Value hardware store for under 10 bucks.

Cheers.

The other Fat Boy was soaking and I forgot to put it in the pic.....I had planned to try it first but the Red Tip won out in the end. With a little googling it looks as if there is still a type of carpet cutting blade that fits the Durhams. I think I will hold off on trying those ones for awhile... I will post a pic of one of the blades later tonight.

Cheers

Just got a british rocket the other day ( if it had been US made, it would have been a superspeed ) it´s in great condition no plateloss and only a few nicks at the end caps and a few scratches on the head. The Speick i got in berlin the other weekend ( after i´ve been running the Berlin 1/2 marathon )
Sorry for the crappy pic...

Shaves great !!

Just got a british rocket the other day ( if it had been US made, it would have been a superspeed ) it´s in great condition no plateloss and only a few nicks at the end caps and a few scratches on the head. The Speick i got in berlin the other weekend ( after i´ve been running the Berlin 1/2 marathon )
Sorry for the crappy pic...

Shaves great !!

That is awesome! Great score indeed!

I love the British Rockets....they are definitely my favs. :thumbup1:

Got a package from Phil at Bullgoose, getting ready for Musgo May:

Musgo Real SC
Musgo Real Glyce Lime Oil (MR GLO)
Provence Santé Verlaine in dish (this stuff smells fantastic!)

He also threw in the usual samples . . . some Arko cream and a full-sized (!) tube of Realm ASB.

Y-1 and Y-4. They polished up like new. I payed $35 for the pair, so I hope I didn't do to bad.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

It's great getting up in the morning and finding out what goodies eBay has let you win. Three scores from last night

A bottle of Penhaligons Lords cologne

proxy.php

A nice cased GEM Damaskene

proxy.php

proxy.php

And last but not least, what I hope is a double ring case (can someone please tell me if it isn't). It is in pretty poor condition externally but looks OK internally. It doesn't have the proper blade cases but it's a start. It comes with a bonus razor and a silver blade case.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I scored this Slim at a local antiques mall. There were dozens of overpriced vintage razors, and one screaming deal.

proxy.php

proxy.php

$4.95 :thumbup:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
John, you were in a hurry when you took those pictures? You didn't get caught didn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom