What's new

Above the Tie (ATT) H1 vs H2?

Which razor head feels/behaves more aggressive to you?

• Above the Tie (ATT) H1 (straight bar)

• Above the Tie (ATT) H2 (open comb)

• The difference seems less than 5% to me

• I haven't used both of these

• I'm not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm the wrong guy to ask. Never much liked the R41 (2011 or 2013 version). Don't find either particularly aggressive or smooth, whatever their reputations. Plus, I hate the care that goes into maintaining a Zamak razor. Would rather pay more for something that will stand the test of time. Unless it's a $7 razor from China. Then I'm fine if it lasts three years.

Have been using my H1 and H2 the last couple of weeks. The H2 is great when I'm mowing down multiple days beard growth but with my Ikon Tech around, it's not really needed at this point. Still, I like the build quality so perhaps I'll keep it. The H1 is great for every day shaving. A bit less aggressive than the H2.
Well thanks for the reply, Parallax.

I picked up an aluminum H2 & R2, and I'll see how it goes. (I prefer open comb heads)

I'm thinking I'll be selling my H2 at some point. I like it but don't need it. How much did you pay for yours (and was it new)?
I got new H1 & R2 base plates, and a top cap, in aluminum. Each item is about 30 bucks USD.

I felt at that price, they are affordable enough. If I really like either, I can then decide if I want to spurge on stainless.

The thing with me, is I like open combs. And, I like new razors. Unfortunately, there aren't that many new high efficiency/high aggression mainstream mass-manufactured razors I'm aware of.

Mine are stainless. I have an H1 and an H2, each with an ATT handle (Atlas and Kronos). They are fine razors and essentially indestructible.

Mine are stainless. I have an H1 and an H2, each with an ATT handle (Atlas and Kronos). They are fine razors and essentially indestructible.
Agreed. But the stainless were a little pricey to take a risk on. So for 70 bucks USD, I essentially get the R2 & H2 heads. I've got plenty of decent handles, already.

Also, I'm really looking forward to the R2 as well. I vary the aggression in my razors by my mood and the task at hand. So, sometimes I want aggressive, others I want moderate or mild. Right now I've got an excellent mild (Yaqi Mellon), and an excellent moderate (Piccolo). I need a good (open comb) aggressive. I'm hoping the H2 fills that bill.

Top Bottom