Fun With Above The Tie (ATT) Razors

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20230630
20230630_150059~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie Windsor CH
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: AP Shave Co Sith (@apshaveco 26mm MiG Hybrid)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood, Black Pepper
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Balm: Nivea Sensitive Cool
20230630_150229~2.jpg

In honor of @Above The Tie, I used my Windsor CH yesterday. A superb razor that delivers superb shaves! :001_wub:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave 20230704
🇺🇸 Happy Independence Day 🇺🇸
20230704_124309~2.jpg

Razor: @Above The Tie Windsor CH
Blade: Personna Med Prep (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief 2023 B&B Contributors Brush
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Mike's Natural Soaps - Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Aftershave: Stetson AS Splash
Fragrance: Stetson Cologne Splash

Superb BBS shave! :cool:

Please visit my Journal (link below) for shave notes and musings: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12307464

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hi, guys! Just wanted to pop in to let you all know that over the course of the next few weeks, we will be doing an overhaul of our website. We plan to reorganize quite a bit, with the intention of making it more streamlined, easier to navigate, and with a wider appeal to people who are new to wet shaving. We think our website is geared more towards the die-hard wet shaving expert, and while we love our die-hard wet shaving experts, we also want to be more accessible and clearer in our presentation.

What many people probably don't realize is that, after Stan retired, it was just Matt. Only Matt. One single human being running literally everything about the business. It was a lot, and that meant there wasn't necessarily a lot of room for big changes or the kind of attention necessary to keep up in the ever-changing world of social media, marketing, etc.

Now that Mariah & I are both on full-time, we're doing our best to listen to the feedback we're getting, as well as making adjustments we noticed ourselves, in an effort to maintain our relevancy and to grow the business.

We put charts and descriptions underneath nearly every product listing, with dimensions, blade gaps, etc. We also have our Blade Gap Comparison Chart & Safety Razor Part Information pages, as well as the Find My Razor/Best Safety Razors for My Beard page that @J.Atique linked to, but all of these pages are in for an overhaul and update in the coming days.

Now's your chance - we would LOVE to hear any specific feedback or suggestions you may have for how we can best improve the layout, organization, and communication on our website. I'm already plotting a layout of our naming convention, as there seems to be some confusion on that front. It is one of those situations where, when you eat, sleep, and breathe a brand or a system/type of organization, it makes total sense to you, but isn't necessarily intuitive to everyone. And we want to fix that. Tell us all the things! We want to hear what you have to say!

We couldn't do this without dedicated, interested folks like you. So, lay it on us. Our ears are open.

As always, we can be reached through the website's contact feature or you can email us directly - [email protected]

Thanks!
Manda

Does anybody have a copy of the entire Blade Gap Comparison Chart mentioned about? Could any post it here?

I have parts of it, including this, but I don't have the whole thing:

1696599665483.png

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Does anybody have a copy of the entire Blade Gap Comparison Chart mentioned about? Could any post it here?

I have parts of it, including this, but I don't have the whole thing:

View attachment 1728608

Thanks and happy shaves,

Jim
Here's what I found:

The original consisted of three plates;
M- 0.25mm
R- 0.58mm
H- 0.91mm

ATT have streamlined these settings and reduced to two levels;
SSMR- 0.40mm
SSRH- 0.80mm

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Here's what I found:

The original consisted of three plates;
M- 0.25mm
R- 0.58mm
H- 0.91mm

ATT have streamlined these settings and reduced to two levels;
SSMR- 0.40mm
SSRH- 0.80mm

ATT had information similar to what I posted above on all their razors.

Thanks, Kim, for adding the MR and RH gap information.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Maybe this can help somewhat as well Jim, although from your snippet is seems you are looking for an other chart. Their own razors are part of this chart though.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Maybe this can help somewhat as well Jim, although from your snippet is seems you are looking for an other chart. Their own razors are part of this chart though.

That helps a lot. Actually I'd forgotten about that particular chart. It's packed with good and useful information.

There's another ATT blade gap chart. I've posted pieces of the chart, but can't find the entire chart.

Yours is super helpful though. Thanks so much.

Happy shaves,

Jim

I should take a photo of my ATT collection as well. Just recently broke out their GEM razor, which is a pretty good shaver. The big drawback is the blade loading with the little head bolt (don't load near an open drain).

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
That's a very good photo for me.... My two S2 base plates are not rounded at all in between the teeth. I thought my first one was not finished so Mariah sent me a second one and it was pretty much the same. I had worked on the first one a bit. Yours looks like the edges are relieved just a little bit in between them.... Both mine are sharp in between..and sharp at the bottom as well. When I was working on the first one, I was hesitant because I didn't want to round them too much but I can see what I need to do. I have the necessary tools to get mine to match your photo fairly easily... files, various grits sandpaper, etc.

That is a huge help.... Thx so much.

Top Bottom