What's new

A Year of PIFs….. February Edition

A3492873-00BF-4C89-99E0-50A326A2942B.jpeg
I have not been fortunate enough to try Williams soap yet. I am still working on a VDH puck and Arko stick, but Williams is next on my list.

After finding this advert, I may have found my lather issues as well. If you allow entries from the uninitiated, then I’m in.

How to put this? I'm not "not in" for a chance to win my favorite soap.
And I've joined the "3017 a puck of Wiliams" run as well, so there's a 2nd chance.

It's a pretty safe bet I'll be one of the earlier finishers as I'm a chronic overloader. But at $0.99/ puck I can afford tobe.
williams1ad.jpg

KJ, Williams was the 1st soap I bought with a mug that had my name on it and a burma shave boar brush when I was about 18 years old 36 years ago. I still have the WELL broken in brush and the mug. Haven't used williams in a long time but have an older puck that is turning the box a little yellow in spots from something that has seeped from the soap. It's not that old as it does have a bar code. I keep hearing about how awesome the vintage is and am intrigued. The pic is not my cabinet to keep my stuff I currently use but rather an old cabinet I have just to put some older medicine cabinet things in and the williams soap is on the top shelf. Please count "me in" for this PIF and thanks for doing it.
IMG_20180204_162910185.jpg

It's not that old as it does have a bar code. I keep hearing about how awesome the vintage is and am intrigued.
Your puck is definitely pre-Combe era, and is considered vintage. There are many vintages and yours is just later vintage. The difference between later vintage and earlier vintage is slight. All have tallow as the first ingredient, and that is key. I'm pretty sure your puck is the same vintage as the one in my PIF.

Last edited:
Your puck is definitely pre-Comb era, and is considered vintage. There are many vintages and yours is just later vintage. The difference between later vintage and earlier vintage is slight. All have tallow as the first ingredient, and that is key. I'm pretty sure your puck is the same vintage as the one in my PIF.
Cool info. Thanks and make me "not in" then so others have a better chance to try it. Have to give it a shot soon.

I have never used vintage Williams soap. I love the current Williams soap and use it more than any other soap. I am a military veteran and I would like to have the opportunity to try the vintage Williams soap and to be able to display the mug and shave stick holder.
The only pic I have is some of my Williams.
492776-4d796189d9e4ddf0e40a0138f84398d0.jpg

After again reading of your generosity
I've had an e-pif-any
that because I don't own any Williams you see
The drawing should definitely be inclusive of me.

Williams2.jpg

Attachments

• Williams.jpg
    Williams.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 3
I'm In.

I got to try Williams in a pass around box, just a small taste sort of speak. Anxious to give it a longer run.

proxy.php

williams-shaving-stick_u-L-PU7SG30.jpg

The creativity will follow but to get the Prerequisite out of the way, I'm in For sure.

When I joined B&B I saw PIF's being mentioned but did't know its meaning until a kind member filled me in on the cool concept of paying it forward. On reflection that isn't the only PIF definition that can apply to the B&B membership. Since it helps control the brain's pleasure & reward centers whether they know it or not anyone who's eagerly waited for a new razor, brush, blades, etc. has felt the effects of dopamine. And dopamine is also referred to as Prolactin Inhibiting Factor
proxy.php

Please allow me to be honest. Williams is not my favorite soap, I currently have an unused puck in my "to be PIF'd" stash and if I were fortunate enough to win this most excellent & generous PIF I would likely re-PIF the soap. I am however, very enamored with that mug.

I started DE shaving with awful technique but not quite as bad as this guy.
proxy.php

For as long as I can remember Williams has been ubiquitous in the wet shaving world but it isn't the only Williams that comes to mind.

There's a guy who sung....
proxy.php

A guy who wrote....
proxy.php

And a guy who told jokes....
proxy.php

With that, a Polite close with an Ingenuous thank-you From myself.

The creativity will follow but to get the Prerequisite out of the way, I'm in For sure.

When I joined B&B I saw PIF's being mentioned but did't know its meaning until a kind member filled me in on the cool concept of paying it forward. On reflection that isn't the only PIF definition that can apply to the B&B membership. Since it helps control the brain's pleasure & reward centers whether they know it or not anyone who's eagerly waited for a new razor, brush, blades, etc. has felt the effects of dopamine. And dopamine is also referred to as Prolactin Inhibiting Factor
proxy.php

Please allow me to be honest. Williams is not my favorite soap, I currently have an unused puck in my "to be PIF'd" stash and if I were fortunate enough to win this most excellent & generous PIF I would likely re-PIF the soap. I am however, very enamored with that mug.

I started DE shaving with awful technique but not quite as bad as this guy.
proxy.php

For as long as I can remember Williams has been ubiquitous in the wet shaving world but it isn't the only Williams that comes to mind.

There's a guy who sung....
proxy.php

A guy who wrote....
proxy.php

And a guy who told jokes....
proxy.php

With that, a Polite close with an Ingenuous thank-you From myself.
May I Please vote for most Informative and certainly most interesting "I'm in" I've read on the Forum

Marine Corps vet here.The mug would get my vote. I use both modern and vintage pucks as well as the powder. Very sparingly though, it's kind of hard to find.
IMG_20160309_061611866.jpg

The powder works great.1/2 teaspoon in a bowl or just on a damp but not too wet brush. Lathers up real nice. Easier than a vintage puck. I've got a Williams stick also. Haven't tried it yet.

Top Bottom