What's new

A Year of PIFs….. February Edition

Hello B&B!

One of my resolutions this year was to host one PIF per month for the entire year! And I actually decided to up my game and do 2 PIFs each month. One will be a formal PIF, like this one, and the second will be a drive-by PIF (i.e. something I give out on a whim based on reading someone’s post). So, 2018 is the year I give back.

proxy.php

I’ve been a member of this great forum for almost 8 years (Joined May 2010). In that time, I’ve been on the receiving end of many great PIFs. I’m doing this, in part, to ensure I make good on ‘Paying It Forward’ from all I have received in the past; balancing any PIF debt, I may have accumulated. Also in those 8 years, I have bought a lot of stuff, and at times, multiples of items bought on clearance, or in an effort to get free shipping. As such, my storage area is starting to look like a store front, and it’s time to do a little de-cluttering purge, A.K.A. spring cleaning.

I will try to spread my PIFs around the forum in as many different sub-forums as I can, so be on the lookout for future installments. Some will be big, some will be small, and I will try to throw in a bonus item with every PIF.

My PIFs will run for around two weeks, and hopefully the winner receives their PIF before I start the next one. Please make sure you read and follow ALL rules. This is very important!

proxy.php

PIFs completed so far:

A Year of PIFs - January Edition - General Forum - Winner: Heckle

So what is up for grabs this month?

proxy.php

In honor of the 200th Birthday of James Baker Williams (Today!) I will be doing a Williams PIF.

IMG_6351.JPG

Williams Bicentennial Armetale Mug
Williams Shave Stick Holder
Williams Mug Soap – Vintage
Williams Mug Soap - New

How do you qualify to win this PIF?

*Indicate that you want to be included in this PIF, but do not say “I’m In”…. Be creative.
*This is my Williams PIF, so post a picture about Williams. Maybe a pic of your Williams Lather, a Williams collectable item you own, or an awesome old advertisement about any of the company's products.
*This PIF is open to anyone, worldwide!
*If you are participating in the Williams 3017, which started today (coincidence?), you get a bonus entry.
*If you are Active Duty Military or a Military Veteran you get a bonus entry.
*If either (or both) of those categories apply to you, indicate such in your post.

The last day to enter this PIF is 16 Feb 2018.

Excellent PIF sir. Thanks for your generosity. I will jump in with this ad. Have only used modern Williams and really want to try the old stuff.

upload_2018-2-2_13-15-18.png

Wow, KJ -- that's terrific. I enjoy Williams a lot, and your instructive videos were a big part of that. So I'd love to get in on this, please.
I thought I had a photo of a "quarter test" with Williams lather, but it's not right to hand now.
Instead, I'll post something from the last time I used Williams, which was in the "3017 with treated Williams pucks" excursion from last February. Mine was "Brave Willy" (impregnated with Bravas aftershave). Here's how it looked and lathered:
BraveWilly.jpg BraveWilly_loaded.jpg
Many thanks for all you do, and I hope someday to try vintage Williams.

Vintage Williams!!!! Yesssss I'm in!!
proxy.php

proxy.php

I have a puck I got from my bingle buddy last year and have fallen in love. Don't want to spend the $15 a puck eBay prices though.

I gave this sign away to someone:
proxy.php

Last edited:
Great PIF but not in. I'm already a Williams convert and a proud member of 3017 Williams February. This year I went with a vintage puck but the modern is no slouch. Good luck to all and here's to more Williams fans!

Modern Williams pic

proxy.php

very generous. I'm provisioned out, so I'm out, but still, wow. One a month and the quality has been outstanding so far.

I have the new stuff but have never tried the vintage. I'm in! Great PIF! I'm retired Army, BTW. Funny thing - searching for 'old williams mug advertisement' online, most of the image hits were mugshots of somebody whose last name is Williams. :D
7a06a16226acd7457c45d42e4b7293c9--vintage-advertisements-vintage-ads.jpg

Great PIF @TheVez2 , so generous and amazing. Unfortunately, I don`t possess any of Wiliams products but I read nice things about it. And looking at your PIF photo is like time travelling and I would love to have a chance to do such time travelling while looking at this set in my bathroom ;)

So, yeah, count me in and good luck to everyone.
well lathered is half shaved.jpg

Sweet PIF. Here is my entry. I am participating in the Williams 3017. Here was my SOTD today. It will be the same for the entire 3017, as I am sticking with only one set up.
IMG_2808.JPG

That mug is fantastic ... as is the PIF overall ... but I'm not in.

I have two pucks of modern Williams, they're sealed in a vacuum bag. I also have nearly 30 other soaps in rotation. By the time I get around to the pucks in the vacuum bag, they'll be new vintage.

Just a question can I be in even if I live in Canada? If so I would like to be in. Thanks, great thread by the way.

Room service? Yes, I've neglected to pack my Williams, could you be so kind as to send up a stick? Thank you, and if it's no bother might you also secure an entry into TheVez2 PIF on B&B for me?
proxy.php

Top Bottom