Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
9/10
(BBS)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

Absolutely amazing shave with my top razor and ditto brush.

The Nacet blade showed a second day of deteriorating comfort. The glide was saved by the excellent performance of the Hampshire Wool Fat. It is still sharp, but I felt sharpness dropped somewhat. I will grand it another shave, but it might be against better judgment (as I have so many times in the past!). The Ti95 was utter bliss today. I do enjoy picking up this razor. Nearly autopilot. Which can also be said about the brush. It just makes great lather even from light loading what I think I am doing with the Wool Fat.

I tilted my head back and up today when doing the S-N pass on the neck. It stretches my skin in a natural way and I think it helps with stubble reduction along the jaw line. Will continue to use that to verify if my claim is true. Stayed with using one hand only. Yesterday using left and right didn’t seem to make much of a difference.

Enjoy your shave today!

Yeah the COVID hospital stay was interesting. My wife had it at the same time and we had been down for the count for about a week and my ox levels were dropping. She had to drive me to the hospital and drop me off at the ER. I did not bring anything to stay there I thought they were just going to give me something and send me home. Nope they wheeled me off and my wife headed home. The day after she had to come back to drop a bag for me. she had to drop it at the front door and they had to deliver it to me. Yeah it was no fun and I am glad that that is over and past.

I still remember the nurse almost giving me a heart attack one night though. I was sound asleep and I was turned on my side and I woke up and there was the nurse changing batteries on my heart monitor. Her face was like 12 inches from mine with a headlamp and full isolation garb on. It was quite the surprise.
I had to do a bunch of ambulance trips during covid. We had gowns, face shields, N95 masks, gloves...what a scene. We had to train on the gear change procedures so we wouldn't contaminate the ambulance cabin. Decontamination at the hospital took like an hour.

Glad to be done with all that!

Date23.05.2024
366 daily shaves
144/366

RazorBladeBrush
Razorine FlatboyGillette Nacet (1/2)Razorock 400 Butterscotch
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (10)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9.75/10 (Mostly Clean)4/10 (Sharp Edge)
9.25/10
(BBS+)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

An absolutely smashing shave! Super close and nice comfort. Followed @Balin’s advice and changed the blade. I think I actually used this one before so it is the second shave with this Nacet blade. I don’t think it’s Excalibur material though. A good couple for literally a couple of shaves. I had originally planned to use my Greencult 1, but the Flatboy beckoned. The Razorock Barberpole handle works best together with the Bulldog handle. Or at least a looker, because the handle from the Greencult also works, but just with function over form. Today’s shave was spectacular. The Flatboy has its perks (technically it is at the bottom in terms of statistics) now and again, but I really enjoy using it. The pairing with the Nacet was spot on - best shave yet with the Flatboy in the past 2.5 years.

I am really enjoying the brush. Dry by morning ready for another round which is what I love about synthetics. And face lathering with this boot is just sooo good.

The diagonal first pass is a keeper in my book. It feels like I am using the pattern used by straight razor barbers - or did I mention that before already?

I definitely need to loose some weight, particularly around the waist. I have developed more love handles than I want to handle! I already switched to salads for lunch and also cut back on sweets. I freed the strider in the garage. I also want to increase my pace with karate lessons. It’s one step at a time, but getting older means these one steps take me longer to complete!

Enjoy your shave today!

Date24.05.2024
366 daily shaves
145/366

RazorBladeBrush
Timeless Ti95 SCLGillette Nacet (3)Razorock 400 Butterscotch
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (11)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
9.25/10
(BBS+)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

Yet another awesome shave! Three days in a row! I feel super smooth.

This Nacet should be going on 3 by my guess which last time was sort of the tipping point towards decreased performance. All in all a good blade - considering all shaves I have had with this blade it’s ranked 8th in my top 10 blades. Based on numbers the Ti95 can be paired with blades that give a better shave in that razor, but the combination is no slouch today. Marvellous shave result and a comfortable journey getting there. Love it!

Almost done with my first streak with the butterscotch 400 brush. Ab-so-lu-te-ly love it :001_wub: By Saturday I should have about 7 shaves with it which brings it on par with the others so my usual rotation can continue. Lather was spot on again like it has been very consistently with using a variation of Al’s @AimlessWanderer lathering method and @JCinPA ’s method.

This diagonal stroke is settling in. Worked its magic this morning. What also is working really well is tilting my head way backwards naturally stretching the skin along the jawline. Smoother than previously achieved. Three days in a row now. I might be on to something.

Enjoy your shave today!

Date25.05.2024
366 daily shaves
146/366

RazorBladeBrush
Greencult 1.0Gillette Nacet (4)Razorock 400 Butterscotch
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (12)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)5/10 (Sharp)
9/10
(BBS)
9/10 (Buttery Smooth)

Notes:

A smooth and relaxed Saturday shave. Stubble was destroyed by the GC1. All good now.

With the Nacet going on 4 I was ready to pay attention and start seeing signals of deceased performance. Especially when pairing with the large gap large exposure Greencult. I am getting the hang of this razor and hope it wants to be handled. Speaking of handles I used my Razorock Bulldog handle which gives me the sense of controlling the razor because the handle is on the slightly longer side. Pairing of blade and razor was good. I binned the blade afterwards.

Brush and lather were very fine today as they have been this entire week. Smashing performances from both. I sniffed my soap before going to bed and setting everything up for the next morning. LOTH just shook her head…

Starting diagonal leads to great results still. Longevity of the shave depends on the razor as I haven't switched blades these past 4 shaves. Ever so slightly under BBS+. I have marble cheeks, neck is fine too. Just one or two strays on the jawline.

Hoping for a relaxing day today. Brainstormed daily dinners and off to get groceries now. Then I assume some house cleaning. Maybe get some kata done tonight as well.

Enjoy your shave today!

I showed the new GF my shaving collection for the first time the other day. My razors, soaps, brushes, aftershaves, blades, etc.

She commented on how neat and organized it was. I'm guessing this is a good sign, right?...right???? Help me out here, my friend. 😆
Depends on the size of the collection Eric. Size matters…in shaving that is! Or in…never mind - I’ll stop talking now :lol:

Edit: did that include your A/S collection too or are you bringing it in phases to ease her into the lifestyle?

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Mrs. Scandalous loves the Veg. When I first sampled it I didn't hate it but wasn't sure about it, but she absolutely loved it so I kept using it and it grew on me. She doesn't mind any of my aftershaves but I get a "you smell GOOD" every time I use it. Which is frequently.

Yes, she is a keeper.
Matt, I may have asked you this before but have you ever tried the Stephan Lilac? I really enjoy it.

I showed the new GF my shaving collection for the first time the other day. My razors, soaps, brushes, aftershaves, blades, etc.

She commented on how neat and organized it was. I'm guessing this is a good sign, right?...right???? Help me out here, my friend. 😆

I will say that it us a rare human being that finds this hobby interesting. How many people have internet access globally? How many active members are there on thus forum?...

The odds are that she likes you and is glad to see that you are clean and tidy. Note that she did not follow up with any details related to shaving, nor discuss the specifics of how she might use one of those herself. Nor discuss how you might teach her how to....wait a minute. Or did she...?
1716686219585.gif

Top Bottom