What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

Blew the cobwebs out of the Weatherby Accumark (270 Wby) prepping for elk season in a few weeks. Ditto the Ruger Blackhawk (41 Rem Mag). Took the Ruger American 22 for fun and a reliability check for the Taurus Judge with new ammo. Daughter worked out her Ruger American (270 Win) for her hunting this fall.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Merged the Gun of The Day thread with the 2015 Gun Range Thread,

Changed the name :thumbup:

What are ya'll shooting?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Out today on the range:
A great, very, very soft load (2.8 gr Titewad under 124 gr ACME bullets) is shooting beautifully out of the Walther PPQ's (both the standard and the long barrel). However, out of the G34 they do not cycle, this G34 is the most amazing finicky gun I have, even factory ammo is a problem sometimes - wonder why -would hate to have to rely on such a gun.....
S&W 686 did a great job with my 158 gr reloads. Time to think about another wheel gun.

Nice shooting for your first time with your new pistol. Congrats of qualifying for your concealed carry permit.

CCW class today. First time I shot my new S&W SD9VE

50 rounds total. 20@ 3 yards, 20@ 5 yards, 10@ 7 yards. Would have had a perfect score but one got away from me.

How great is that!
Thanks for sharing!!!

You can purchase "range carts" that are already modified strollers but some strollers are a much better made platform. Look for one with large pneumatic wheels, strip off the safety stuff and clamp on what you need. The lower pouch holds a couple of chairs, drop the back all the way for a couple of range bags, the foot rest is space to strap on a cooler or ammo bag. :biggrin1:

View attachment 578097
View attachment 578098
View attachment 578099

Tom

My play toy this past weekend was a Yugoslavian capture K98. The German marks weren't completely scrubbed and I could decipher the manufacturer and date. It was made by Mauser in 1937.

My brother and I put 20 rounds through it and we were suitably impressed. I just need more 8mm, now. The last two informal shoots we have done were old battle rifle events.

had a blast at my range, felt great shooting again. still have to work on a few things but im getting better. i shot my late war type 99 arisaka for the first time. it was also my first full caliber rifle. unfortunetly my area doesnt have any indoor ranges, so shooting is a weather permitting affair.

$DSC_1279.jpg

Cool weekend with pros! Shot the NE Speed on Steel Steel, Steel Challenge squaded with Brooke and Dave Sevigny Friday and did an awesome Bulleye class with my son Saturday and Sunday with 12-time Champion Brian Zins. Lots of fun and learned a bunch!

$image.jpg

Tom

H-B.O.M.B

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Cool weekend with pros! Shot the NE Speed on Steel Steel, Steel Challenge squaded with Brooke and Dave Sevigny Friday and did an awesome Bulleye class with my son Saturday and Sunday with 12-time Champion Brian Zins. Lots of fun and learned a bunch!

View attachment 665605

Tom

H-B.O.M.B

I don't know which one is the dude on the left, but he has a properly wicked mustache!

Today's festivities consisted of tinkering with my Remington 1911.

My order from Brownell's showed up. In it was a Harrison Design trigger kit. Between that, the Series 80 delete shim, and a dab of Lubriplate #105 assembly grease on the bearing surfaces, things smoothed out nicely.

The only fiddly bit was I had to do a bit of fitting on the safety lever. It didn't want to play nice with the new sear. Remember kids, if you have to modify a part in an assembly to make things fit, make it the cheaper part.

Looks like I'll be sneaking over to the gun club on Sunday to give things a test run.

Top Bottom