What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

Chik fil a breakfast right now, then heading out for mandatory range time. Not in the mood, but the bad guys don't ask....

Well that was fun. We shot 200 rounds or so each, mostly moving, multiple targets, reloading, running out of ammo and picking up a gun we'e not familiar with, etc. Then we went to the facility I secure and ran airsoft scenarios. Seven hrs total, bosses dime. I neglected to take pics. :(

Okay, I've got writing deadlines piling up, I've been out straight for a month, but today I went to the range, dammit!

Just for an hour.

The steel targets cowered at the sight of my PPQ. (Me, not so much.) Actually, I didn't miss any until the really distant set. Feels good!

Practiced shooting the AR offhand close and fast. Didn't suck. It's already a good day. :thumbup1:

Zone shoot is over. 500 rounds through the Krieghoff with a final score of 494. Doubles champ, 20 Gauge third, 28 Gauge Runner up, and High Over All third.

Had not shot 45's in a while. Took the Nighthawk GRP to the range and 100 rounds later the smile just kept getting bigger.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
S&W 686 again today and the Walther PPQ with the 5" barrel. Good time as always!

I went this week, just for an hour. The steel drop-targets at 15 and 20 yds cowered in fear of me. The ones at 30 yds just laughed and pointed. :lol:

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Tested some re-loads today and all went bang just fine: Walther PPQ, H&K USP 45 Tactical and S&W 686

This 2009 CZ-USA Dan Wesson C Bob goes w/me everwhere! $Screenshot_2015-01-05-17-49-45-2.jpg Last of these made. Eats everything 10mm w/o a hic-cup!

Being a retired police officer, as long as I qualify yearly, we are able to obtain a permit that allows us to carry anyplace in the U.S. So no problem crossing state lines while carrying. I've had my S&W bodyguard .380 for several months, but just got out to the range a couple weeks ago and shot it for the first time. Was I ever impressed. This weapon is one fine thing. Right away the shots were well placed and tight grouped. Of course I was using ball ammo, but for carry I feed it rounds that offer maximum stopping power. At the cost of almost $1.50 per round, they are for sure not for plinking. I had had the same weapon but with the laser sight before. However the laser sight on such a close quarters gun is kind of useless, Its a less than 10 foot weapon, and a quick to point and shoot situation gun. So who is going to take the time to turn on the weapon, sight it in, and shoot. To me the laser on such a gun is only something to go wrong, or get you really hurt trying to engage the thing. So I traded it in on the same gun but without the laser. As a point and shoot weapon its deadly, and even the sights are almost spot on. I'm really impressed with this newest gun.

Top Bottom