What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Yes, I defaced my own Glock. Very aggressive herring bone pattern (abrades my love handles) was done with an electric soldering pen with the tip ground to a chisel point. Rounded the trigger guard and cut the magazine well cut outs.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
882A7EB8-9CEF-45D1-8965-51EE77FF1CEB.jpeg
8F3E41AA-4339-41A2-94F4-043A9503FBEF.jpeg
0C6A311F-DE84-4337-A46D-BE6D336547C6.jpeg
A1717573-8009-4864-A1E3-9330C2C9BA2D.jpeg

@OkieStubble , I have since trimmed down the Kydex body of the Comp-Tac Minotaur holster.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
View attachment 966181 View attachment 966182
So I bought a SIG 365 and went straight from the store to the range this AM, along with my Kahr PM9 and the world's ugliest Glock 19. Beautiful day, the range was packed. Took the 365 out of the box, removed price tag and shot 100 rounds of WW white box through it. Time didn't permit taking detailed pictures of targets with the crowds and all. The above crappy cell pic was taken from the firing line. Towards the end of my range session I set up the two above silhouette targets and fired controlled (?) rapid fire, not striving for accuracy per se. The left target was 20 rounds from the new SIG, The right was 40ish from the Kahr PM9, distance 15 yds. I found the SIG to be a slight bit more controllable. Possibly due to grip size and the extended mag, vs the flush mag of the smaller Kahr.

Congrats on the new Sig!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
View attachment 966196 View attachment 966197 View attachment 966198 View attachment 966199

@OkieStubble , I have since trimmed down the Kydex body of the Comp-Tac Minotaur holster.

I don't know why you said the ugliest Glock. That herring bone stippling looks good. That can't be the first time you did that. Cuz it looks like you had practice. I like how you left the regular traction between the finger grooves.

I like the mods on your holster as well. The wide bottom for support and then tapering towards the top makes all the sense in the world to me for support + comfort + performance for the draw.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Actually that picture is of the stock condition of the holster. I'll post a modified picture later. I like them to be slick like a worn bar of soap, minimal protrusions. That is the first time I mod'd a polymer frame.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Actually that picture is of the stock condition of the holster. I'll post a modified picture later. I like them to be slick like a worn bar of soap, minimal protrusions. That is the first time I mod'd a polymer frame.

Quoted for posterity. John likes worn soap. :)

I might have to send you a Christmas card this year. Along with my Gen4 frame?

:)

Last edited:
Brought every single firearm I own out for some fun.

Mosin Nagant 91/30 from 1941. Shot mostly Yugoslavia surplus heavy ball. I REALLY need a recoil pad!

Springfield-Savage 22lr. Testing a bunch of different ammo types I bought. Found out in not a big Federal fan, but I really like Aguila and CCI.

FEG B9R (380 auto). Mainly just ran through a few mags to keep my eye in with something other than a revolver. Currently using PMC Bronze as my preferred range ammo.

Alfa revolver in 32-20. Testing out some reloads, and 3.4grains of Unique behind a 115 grain hard lead bullet works nicely.

Cimarron Frontier in 357 Magnum. Also testing reloads. 4.8 grains of Unique behind a 140 (or 145, I forget) grain Sierra JHP works a treat. Seems to prefer CCI primers over Winchester, but both work.

Only had 1 hiccup. Evidently when I tightened up the screws on Cimarron the other day, I neglected to tighten the latch that holds the cylinder pin in place. Boing! Came off after the last round and disappeared into the mud. Ordered a new one from Cimarron immediately to the tune of $12. Oops!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Brought every single firearm I own out for some fun.

Mosin Nagant 91/30 from 1941. Shot mostly Yugoslavia surplus heavy ball. I REALLY need a recoil pad!

Springfield-Savage 22lr. Testing a bunch of different ammo types I bought. Found out in not a big Federal fan, but I really like Aguila and CCI.

FEG B9R (380 auto). Mainly just ran through a few mags to keep my eye in with something other than a revolver. Currently using PMC Bronze as my preferred range ammo.

Alfa revolver in 32-20. Testing out some reloads, and 3.4grains of Unique behind a 115 grain hard lead bullet works nicely.

Cimarron Frontier in 357 Magnum. Also testing reloads. 4.8 grains of Unique behind a 140 (or 145, I forget) grain Sierra JHP works a treat. Seems to prefer CCI primers over Winchester, but both work.

Only had 1 hiccup. Evidently when I tightened up the screws on Cimarron the other day, I neglected to tighten the latch that holds the cylinder pin in place. Boing! Came off after the last round and disappeared into the mud. Ordered a new one from Cimarron immediately to the tune of $12. Oops!

Was that Alfa revolver you took out the CZ, and where did you find one?

You probably saw my post in the Cimarron .45 thread that I was dry firing it and apparently the cylinder pin screw, which is in the front of the frame on my old model, had loosened and the cylinder pin fell out by gravity. Some blue loctite fixed things up real well.

How did the Alpha shoot?

Was that Alfa revolver you took out the CZ, and where did you find one?

You probably saw my post in the Cimarron .45 thread that I was dry firing it and apparently the cylinder pin screw, which is in the front of the frame on my old model, had loosened and the cylinder pin fell out by gravity. Some blue loctite fixed things up real well.

How did the Alpha shoot?
The Alfa was this. Shoots beautifully!
IMG_20171117_142319410.jpg

Top Bottom