What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Thank you.

This was 100 yards. Wish I could say it was more, but either way the 3 shot group measured around .44", considering it was shot with a .308 that is not very much deviation.
I'll bet I'd get 3 that tight at 100 inches! Seriously, that is some good shooting. I'd be happy with your worst 2!

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
No photos or bragging rights groups. Shot my SIG 230 .380 ACP for the first time in years. I've forgotten what a nice shooting little gun it is. Downside is that it flings it's brass all over hell's half acre. Also shot my S&W 15-2 4 in. .38 Spl. with 125 gr. and 158 gr. hand loads. I need to do a lot more shooting to get back to my former level of expertise!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
No photos or bragging rights groups. Shot my SIG 230 .380 ACP for the first time in years. I've forgotten what a nice shooting little gun it is. Downside is that it flings it's brass all over hell's half acre. Also shot my S&W 15-2 4 in. .38 Spl. with 125 gr. and 158 gr. hand loads. I need to do a lot more shooting to get back to my former level of expertise!
Brother, you'll never see any pics of my shootin!

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Got to put some rounds down range with my buddy and his Aero Precision mid length build with Trijicon MRO on top. We were ringing steel at 120 yards with ease. I want one. :)

IMG_0066.jpg

+1 on the MRO. I had a very early version and the tint was too blue and magnified for me so I returned it and went with an EXPS-3. But curious as to how the newer production MROs are performing.

OkieStubble

Nice! How'd you like the MRO? I almost bought one for my LE6920 a couple of days before I bought my P365.

+1 on the MRO. I had a very early version and the tint was too blue and magnified for me so I returned it and went with an EXPS-3. But curious as to how the newer production MROs are performing.

I like the field of view thru the MRO, but that’s the only thing it’s got over a T-1 imo. @NPV hit it right on the head. I don’t know if it was an older or newer MRO but I didn’t care for the blue tint and the 2mm dot did seem more 3mmish to me?

I’m with @NPV, give me my EXPS2 and a holograph any day. If I put my nose on the charging handle and move my head side to side, the holograph holds true to targeting because it is a projection, while the red dot in the MRO was all over the place.

@Claudel Xerxes, used the Sig P365 transitioning drills, finally passed 2000.
I guess I’ll show her some love and clean her tomorrow. :)

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I like the field of view thru the MRO, but that’s the only thing it’s got over a T-1 imo. @NPV hit it right on the head. I don’t know if it was an older or newer MRO but I didn’t care for the blue tint and the 2mm dot did seem more 3mmish to me?

I’m with @NPV, give me my EXPS2 and a holograph any day. If I put my nose on the charging handle and move my head side to side, the holograph holds true to targeting because it is a projection, while the red dot in the MRO was all over the place.

Thanks for the review. I still can't make up my mind about an optic for my Colt.

@Claudel Xerxes, used the Sig P365 transitioning drills, finally passed 2000.
I guess I’ll show her some love and clean her tomorrow. :)

Congrats on hitting 2000! It's relieving to know that it'll keep on ticking quite a while after it's last cleaning.

OkieStubble

While I didn’t totally neglect it like a Glock, (still swabbed the barrel after shooting and drops of lube on the rails and block after shooting along with a wipe down after assembly to keep stains off of my clothing) the inside slide and frame still looks pretty grungy.

OkieStubble

Got to shoot a few hundred rounds thru each of these and put them thru the paces today.

Glock 17 MOS & Glock 48.

IMG_0219.jpg

Real nice 1200 Bullseye/Precision Pistol Match today. Shooting to get back to Expert range. On target with my .22 with 92%, a bit off at 88% with my .45. Good slow fire with this at 25-yards but my sustained fire CF needs more work...

IMG_1099.JPG

25-yards, Rock River Arms .45, 9/8 ring 2.5", 200gr Zero LSWC, 3.8gr Clays (one hand.) I knew both 8's once I sent them. Need to work on that also, lots of fun.

Tom

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
A5FB2520-17FC-4E56-AEA0-A78C7C5600FA.jpeg
8934AF06-6711-423C-8BF5-F8C79D386CED.jpeg

So I bought a SIG 365 and went straight from the store to the range this AM, along with my Kahr PM9 and the world's ugliest Glock 19. Beautiful day, the range was packed. Took the 365 out of the box, removed price tag and shot 100 rounds of WW white box through it. Time didn't permit taking detailed pictures of targets with the crowds and all. The above crappy cell pic was taken from the firing line. Towards the end of my range session I set up the two above silhouette targets and fired controlled (?) rapid fire, not striving for accuracy per se. The left target was 20 rounds from the new SIG, The right was 40ish from the Kahr PM9, distance 15 yds. I found the SIG to be a slight bit more controllable. Possibly due to grip size and the extended mag, vs the flush mag of the smaller Kahr.

Last edited:
Top Bottom