What's new

🌕🌗 365 shaves in 2022🌓🌕

But you’re doing double on underpants, right? 😊😏 my wife would want me to overthink that! 😁

Guido
OK funny you say that :)
surf shorts count as both so nothing else needed :) so double in a way hahahaha

the nice thing about surf shorts in the islands is every time you are in the water often a few times a day they get washed !

wife is from Canada so we had two weddings one in Canada the other on Maui but my Maui wedding I wore my surf shorts and a nice aloha shirt :) no shoes either truly 2 items that was it !

live in PHX these days so do have to wear shoes and more clothes :) but I did keep up my surf short thing the first few years here then caved to regular shorts and shoes

Shave # 341: An excellent early morning shave!
Thursday December 08, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1)
IMG_1796.jpg

Date
365 days of shaving345/341
(100%)
GRUME December8/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Timeless Ti95 SCBEddison (11)Razorock Plissoft 400
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face lathered
Cold splash
Floïds the Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS-)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Momentous shave today with the Timeless. I had a fair amount of stubble today (indication that the Bolzano has had its best shave behind it)and so I thought to bring out my Timeless for Timeless Thursday or something. The Eddison blade up to bat for the 11th time.

Haslinger is a quick lathering soap and today was no different. 10-15 seconds of loading the Razorock and away I went with my face lather. I paid attention to massage the soap in and really get between the bristles. I used both circular motions and even more brush stroking type of movements until I got a nice thick and rich lather. After the shave during clean up I realised that it might have even been too thick as cleaning the razor was more challenging today with soap residue locked inside the baseplate.

The Timeless and the Eddison took no prisoners and I was already at CCS levels after the first pass to arrive at DFS+ on the second pass. The third pass took it for a homerun - not absolutely necessary - but sooo good and BBS was there again. Trouble areas were a bit more challenging for the blade, but still very decently done. Smooth, comfortable and no irritation on the neck where I had irritation yesterday and the day before. Again a sign that in retrospect the Bolzano will be retired with a very respectable 10 shaves. Overall I still view the Eddison blade the performer of the three Discovery Blades and given the track record I have with Personna blades outperforming my expectations by a fair amount (as in nearing the double number of shaves I get from a Personna Red - I yet need to test my other Personna's).

Very very nice shave indeed. I have seen a .68 OC baseplate and I am curious to know if it is any different from my .95 SCB.

Enjoy your shaves today!

So a while back bought some Treet dura sharp and some Minora as I was curious about these two

OK the Treet shocked the first pass the thing was so comfy clean sharp ? Did not expect it to be that good the Minora a touch more resistance (not as sharp?)

both did offer a great shave comparing put them away to compete another day but had to scratch that itch since I got them :)
and looking forward to where they rank when I do my big blade off coming up after I narrow down my soaps/creams

going to do one more nacet vs green 7 O’Clock tomorrow to see if I can truly prefer one as both are soooooooo good for me and use that one blade to do my soap testing

ohhhhh shave nerd problems I face :)

C487B197-F9B6-45BC-9ECC-D7BAF56EC8B6.jpeg

#342 and #500!!

12_8 500th.jpg

I reached a milestone for me today, no skipped days since July 26, 2021. I realized sometime in late Spring that I was heading for a year of daily shaves, and then when I hit that milestone, I looked at where 500 fell. To what do I owe this dubious honor? Stubbornness? Number chasing? No, I believe it is the anticipation and enjoyment of my daily shave, plain and simple. As we've all experienced, who'd have thought that a daily chore would become something to look forward to?!

I switched to the MWS as it was my first soap ever. My first 4 DE shaves back in 2015 were with creams, then MWS landed in the mailbox. So to commemorate 500 shaves in a row, I used this soap. Also, I used a new to me Feather shavette (many thanks to Obie) with a Kai Protouch blade loaded. This was for the first pass and it went very well. To help with slickness, I also used the Ethos First Lather.

With 500 in a row, I think I'll take a break now and grow a beard!

#342 and #500!!

View attachment 1569070

I reached a milestone for me today, no skipped days since July 26, 2021. I realized sometime in late Spring that I was heading for a year of daily shaves, and then when I hit that milestone, I looked at where 500 fell. To what do I owe this dubious honor? Stubbornness? Number chasing? No, I believe it is the anticipation and enjoyment of my daily shave, plain and simple. As we've all experienced, who'd have thought that a daily chore would become something to look forward to?!

I switched to the MWS as it was my first soap ever. My first 4 DE shaves back in 2015 were with creams, then MWS landed in the mailbox. So to commemorate 500 shaves in a row, I used this soap. Also, I used a new to me Feather shavette (many thanks to Obie) with a Kai Protouch blade loaded. This was for the first pass and it went very well. To help with slickness, I also used the Ethos First Lather.

With 500 in a row, I think I'll take a break now and grow a beard!
I do want to get a artist blade razor maybe the kai kasho captain first as my boys name is Kai :)
just to see what that is all about !

no beard you need to say OK here comes 1k

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
342 of 342
IMG_20221208_220056.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(18)
Soap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: Yaqi Moka-express 2 band badger

🥳Hooray, as you can see from the picture Agrumella is no more. You already know what this setup looks like having already seen it so many times. The soap that was left was not enough to produce as slick a lather as usual so tonight it was a bit bubbly. I couldn't believe it as I lathered and the soap just disappeared leaving me looking at the bottom of the tub. The shave was rather uncomfortable and I probably would have got a better lather with a different brush.
The result was just a SAS and I needed some AS balm to sooth my face.

Thursday 8th December, shave #342

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #7
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Stayed with the safety bar GC. After yesterday's quick shave, treated myself to a more leisurely one, getting a comfortable near-BBS.

If I shaved intermittently, the open comb might win, but for daily use, this one is still the winner.

I used the Rockwell for a long time, and going by the blade gap, this is only an "R6½" plate.

🥳Hooray, as you can see from the picture Agrumella is no more.

Congratulations, Mike! It seemed to be putting up an MWF level of resistance..

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 342 of 342 = 100%
Razor: Above The Tie Al/SS Mixed Metal SE1 (@Rosseforp GTS 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (2)
Brush: Omega 10081 Silver Beehive Handle (23mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray
20221208_142049~2.jpg

Please check out my Journal for full shave notes plus comments, rankings and other random stuff: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12041559

Date
365 days of shaving346/342
(100%)
GRUME December9/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Fatip Special Edition OCKCG (29)Omega Super Badger 632
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
Haslinger Sandelholz
Face lathered
Cold splash
Floïds the Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8/10 (DFS+)
9/10 (Buttery smooth)

Notes to today’s shave:

Fatip Friday is upon me again! This razor and blade are a fixed combination in my den. I sometimes swap blades and razors, but never with these two. The combination just works and this morning is was no different. After the first WTG pass some areas of my cheeks already felt really smooth and overall I think a light SAS could be awarded. Second WXTG brought down the remaining bulk and the ATG finished the shave to arrive at mostly BBS level. I felt some remaining hairs here and there and therefore overall effectiveness is a DFS+.

I did notice during strokes that small / quick strokes, bordering on buffing strokes worked best today, signaling me that the blade appears to be turning the corner. But I might be tempted to hone this one and see where that takes me.

Haslinger worked wonderfully together with the Omega badger. The backbone is non-existent as far as I can tell and it flops back and forth, but I found that if I use a scrubbing motion rather than circular motion the mega splay can be avoided and a very nice and rich lather can be build while massaging the skin and beard stubbles. Excellent.

Floïd's did not sting as much confirming the DFS shave level. Nivea completed the shave for a soothing effect. Ready for another day!

Enjoy your shave today!

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Still at 100% and checking in as the year winds down. The setup continues unchanged. Lather with Martin de Candre Fougere, which I hope will last for the rest of the year, applied with a little Kent BK4 or BKB4 (today will be the BKB4, the black handle rather than the white, since it is an odd numbered day), three passes with a Personna Lab Blue in an Above the Tie Windsor with a mild copper plate, and 4711 Cologne as my aftershave. As always the process will employ hot water as the preshave, take six minutes, and be interrupted by a shower before splashing on the 4711.

Shave # 343: No drama, super mild blade delivered excellent results.

Friday December 09, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Incorporeal
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: RK Stainless (1)
IMG_1810.jpg

Timeless Ti .68 SB

So what blade to use with my soap comparison of the Green 7 O'Clock vs the Nacet and once again both are my #1 so I just chose the Green 7
I do kinda like the package of the nacet better so might even come down to something pointless like that :) hahahahaha

CC Cream just love the Veture smell (creed aventus homages)

the RV Muhle STF for sure is my fav easily

again Neutrogena just pulls everything together !

and I do think Old Spice is still my fav of favs but fun to have variety with some scents I think :) hahahahah

IMG_6620.jpeg

tomorrow my soap comparison starts so will try to narrow down to #1 and a backup choice and so far all will be compared to CC Cream as my current #1

this will be my 3rd and final go around I reckon ! and going to then get rid of all of these

I had some like MWF, Speick and Proraso in both tube and tub, stirling, Conk and Nivea and forgot what I sent to my friend :) but those got cut early on in my first round

all the artisan are more alike than not and many of these are already amazing and I have used them quite a bit so this is more just that elimination that I want to do getting back to my minimalist roots :)

proxy.php

Last edited:

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
343 of 343
IMG_20221209_125616.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(19)
Soap: ZM Explorer
Brush: RR Moka-soft beehive

It feels like months since I last used Explorer though it's only really a couple of weeks and I do enjoy using it. It made an excellent lather and the beehive brush felt just right tonight. Even on the nineteenth shave with the BIC blade the Rocca is delivering the best shaves, it is no wonder it is my favourite razor.
The result was a near BBS with no irritation

Top Bottom