What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

A dab of 444 works well too.

You don't hear much about 444 anymore but it works wonders for adding a menthol kick on a per use application.

Just add a pea sized amount in your palm, add your splash in your hand, rub and apply.

I'm going to pull tube out shortly.
I went through a tube several years ago. Good stuff and I always meant to replace it but never did. Now I can’t cuz of sabbatical. 🤪. Next year.

17 May 2024 - 55 Days until retirement

Still in and working through bulk buy cartridges from my traveling days when convenient

PdP 63 Soap
Omega/Proraso Boar Brush
Gillette Fusion
ProGlide (11)
Duke Cannon ASB

I don't enjoy the Proglide as much as the Mach 3, but it does give a very close shave. Back to the Twig on Sunday.

Still in.

For this morning's shave, I used Club Cola. I always beef up this lather, usually with glycerin, but today I used a small dollop of a Schick gel they make for the Japanese market.

I usually use the Chiseled Face Legacy with its twisted pineapple handle, but for today I paired it with the UFO Titanium Fine handle.

The pic shows off the handle, and also how the Legacy doesn't need to be rinsed very often.
20240517_080527.jpg

I’m still in and have no temptations. In fact, I think I’ll probably skip my aftershave exception. I’ve gone through two pucks of Williams and now working on a puck of VDH. Certainly these are not high quality soaps, but I get along with them just fine. If I can get through a few more pucks this year, then I’ll have something to consider for the next restock period.

I went through a tube several years ago. Good stuff and I always meant to replace it but never did. Now I can’t cuz of sabbatical. 🤪. Next year.

Well I started pawing through my shaving stuff and ran into about 1/4 tube of 444. I guess I never finished it off. Or maybe I did replace the original tube and forgot. It seems to still be good, menthol is there and it didn't solidfy. I think I'll use this when the warm weather sets in. @brucered, I agree with you, 444 had a short period in the limelight at B&B and them seemed to get no more attention. Thats a shame as its good stuff. Hopefully it will start to get some new found attention here.

Here's the beautiful Simpson brush that knocked me out.

Lathers amazing and I love the little extra scritch compared to my synthetics.
The extra exfoliation really seems to make a difference.

20240514_110449194_iOS.jpg

Also does anyone know if Chris or anyone from Karve is on here.
I've been trying to contact for just about 2 weeks about my order and have gotten no response.

Have some great shaves!

Here's the beautiful Simpson brush that knocked me out.

Lathers amazing and I love the little extra scritch compared to my synthetics.
The extra exfoliation really seems to make a difference.

View attachment 1848651

Also does anyone know if Chris or anyone from Karve is on here.
I've been trying to contact for just about 2 weeks about my order and have gotten no response.

Have some great shaves!
That's a nice brush!👍

Karve isn't represented on B&B iirc. Chris is well known for a poor record when it comes to responding to customer requests. If I'm not mistaken, the lead time is about 4 weeks for completing orders these days. In case you don't want to change your order just be patient... it will happen.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Or if it’s regular Karve gear you might want to try Maggards. Very responsive and super customer oriented.

Guido
Absolutely.

But as I understood @Ribitski23 already has placed an order.

Speaking of which I have made use of my granted exception today, a razor. It might take a couple of weeks until she's here. Will post photos then.

SOTD:
20240519_122459-01-01.jpeg

Wishing you all a sunny Sunday!
Cheers!

PS:
In!

@JAHE @Guido75

I did place the order already.
I ordered a kit and I put notes for customizations that I wanted, and it didn't look like the notes went through with the crappy Shopify ordering system. So I reached out to make sure they got my notes for what I would like and I've not heard back now between Facebook messages and email. Not impressed with their customer service at all, and we'll see if they got may notes or not when I get my order I guess.

Thanks for the recommendations and have some great shaves!

@JAHE @Guido75

I did place the order already.
I ordered a kit and I put notes for customizations that I wanted, and it didn't look like the notes went through with the crappy Shopify ordering system. So I reached out to make sure they got my notes for what I would like and I've not heard back now between Facebook messages and email. Not impressed with their customer service at all, and we'll see if they got may notes or not when I get my order I guess.

Thanks for the recommendations and have some great shaves!
I see.
Keeping my fingers crossed everything will work out as planned. 👍

Top Bottom