Razorock- hive
Captain's choice-venture
Be seeing you!

Still in!
Timeless Bronze .68 SB/Dorco Titan
Simpson Emperor 2
Zingari Man The Master soap
Floid aftershave

Leaving for San Antonio early tomorrow morning to attend my granddaughter's first birthday party. First grandchild for us and we are excited to attend the festivities and watch her smiling face.

20230124_064020.jpg

Still in, day 24.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: BIC CP (3)
Soap: B&M Spice
AS: B&M Spice
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express

Strange that in December there was a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy, and January there is no real urge. I have about given up on my Karve CB Brass. So far, I have tried the F SB plate which was too aggressive. I received a B SB plate and C OC plate in trades, and B is OK, a little too mild, and the C is not as smooth as an SB. I would like to try a D SB plate, but not by buying one. Guilty of Goldilocks syndrome. I am spoiled by the Merkur Progress. I might hang on to the Karve and revisit it. Might put it up for sale.
Be seeing you.

Still in, hardly looking at stuff these days! I’ve gone from looking at the Bay 10-15 times a day to about 5 times a month. I decided not to be on a mission for that special razor, maybe I’ll chance upon it, maybe I’ll like the price, maybe I’ll buy it.
Congratulations to @tjsgarden for beginning to master the big blade. One thing I learned from watching, if I ever (ha!) decide to use a straight razor, I’ll skip the training wheels (shavette)!
Another DFS++ as I have been adjusting my technique to not only light pressure, but slow, almost one whisker at a time. Right now my blade is set to reach 200 by month’s end, never dreamed I’d be even halfway here!
Many Happy Returns!
Hi,

Well, it is a good idea to Quit Looking!

It isn't a rule, but it is a good idea. So good that I have it in my signature. ;)

Stan - Still In

This post, and those on the several following pages, is what defined treewhaling.

Hi,

Wow. That was 10 years ago? Man, time flies when your having Restraint fun!

Stan - Still In

Still in!
Timeless Bronze .68 SB/Dorco Titan
Simpson Emperor 2
Zingari Man The Master soap
Floid aftershave

Leaving for San Antonio early tomorrow morning to attend my granddaughter's first birthday party. First grandchild for us and we are excited to attend the festivities and watch her smiling face.

View attachment 1593417
I only see and read excellent gear in this post! Way to go Jason!

Enjoy!

Guido

Still in, day 24.

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: BIC CP (3)
Soap: B&M Spice
AS: B&M Spice
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express

Strange that in December there was a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy, and January there is no real urge. I have about given up on my Karve CB Brass. So far, I have tried the F SB plate which was too aggressive. I received a B SB plate and C OC plate in trades, and B is OK, a little too mild, and the C is not as smooth as an SB. I would like to try a D SB plate, but not by buying one. Guilty of Goldilocks syndrome. I am spoiled by the Merkur Progress. I might hang on to the Karve and revisit it. Might put it up for sale.
Be seeing you.
Or a trade? Not that I have anything of interest I think. The Karve CB is a fine looking razor at least.

Guido

@wmadoty what type of homemade soap? Do you have a picture of the homemade brush?
My homemade soap has a lard base and is scented with Jasmine, Honey Suckle, Lemon, and Eucalyptus. I like it very much. It is a modified MDC clone recipe. Not as good as Tabac (but it does smell better) and it is much better than Col. Conk. My soap may be an even match to Arko without the questionable smell. What I am using right now is well over a year old and the scent is nearly gone. I will post a SOTD pic here in the next few days that will have a picture of one of my homemade brushes. Here is a picture of some that I made and gave away at Christmas.

1674572076097.png

Sticking to one blade brand which pairs well with your face (with just one or with several razors) makes perfectly sense to me. I'm a sucker for variety but if I had to fix one item in my shave line up I would pick the blade.

Which is your preferred blade brand?
Right now, and this is a hard choice, if I had to pick one blade for the rest of my life it would be the Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge in the yellow box. I find them very sharp with great smoothness.

I also like nearly as much for many reasons: Chinese Clouds, Dorco Prime, Shark Super Stainless, and the GWS from India.

Yeah, I would consider a trade. It is an outstanding razor quality wise. Ideally, I would like to trade the B and C plates for a D SB. I could also wait until January 2024 to buy the D plate.
I would indeed suggest to give her another go with a different plate. Sometimes a match between the razor and you was not meant to be and sometimes the settings can be alerted to make it match.

The CB is on my wanted list for someday. Your input Geo’s in that regard as for me personally there are so many options it is daunting.

Guido

Tallow Tabac Tuesday!

PXL_20230123_210141065b.jpg

Feather DX Kamisori Straight
Artist Club Pro (3)
Shavemac B&B Beagle
Tallow Tabac

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE & 365 Shaves

Hey Guys
I was glad to receive the Feather razor yesterday. I was so enthused, I did a second late night shave just to enjoy the experience of using the razor. It was amazing how easy and comfortable it was to achieve a DFS finish.
Because I have been using a half DE blade "shavette" for a few weeks, I can say IMO, the AC blade type of straight razor is far superior to the DE shavette design.
HERE is a link started by @EclipseRedRing in 2020 detailing his learning experience using the Feather DX for an entire month. Richard (the thread starter) also did some beautiful watercolor style photos which are quite enjoyable.

Today, my third time using this razor was again enjoyable. I even used my non-dominant hand in some areas. It is a fresh learning experience with some similarities to starting my DE/wet shaving adventure a couple years ago. I paid careful attention and enjoyed the entire process. It felt like a zen experience. Even the Shavemac Beagle brush was enjoyable. Hannes, @Multum in parvo may recall how I complained about this brush in the past, but not today.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

I would indeed suggest to give her another go with a different plate. Sometimes a match between the razor and you was not meant to be and sometimes the settings can be alerted to make it match.

The CB is on my wanted list for someday. Your input Geo’s in that regard as for me personally there are so many options it is daunting.

Guido
Yes, it is daunting. I chase perfect sometimes, and it is a futile endeavor!!!

Top Bottom