What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Still in.

Today I've watched the first episode of The Prisoner. Finally! 😁 I'm intrigued and looking forward to the next episode.

And today's shave was pure joy.
2023-01-24 19.11.44.jpg

#27, still in and untempted even! As #2 has stated, not looking definitely helps!
View attachment 1593643

Post script: I am enjoying the episodes, and purposefully have not binge-watched them so as to make them last!
Hi,

I think three passes thru the series is required to put everything into perspective.

I have got to dig up that list I made of reordered episodes. I figured out a different sequence which made more sense to me. It's on an older computer around here somewhere. Meaning, I know where they all are, I just don't recall which one. Probably on my copy of The General. :p

Stan

The one referred to as #33...Still In!!!

PXL_20230124_165002003a.jpg

Hey Guys
This is my 4th use of the Feather DX. My goal is to improve dexterity, fine motor skills and confidence. I give myself a 👍 today. I was purposely slow and careful but I gotta tell you, using this straight edge is great. I can shave at a flatter/more shallow angle and that seems to produce less irritation. Mostly DFS+.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Edit: What is the #25 posted by #31 @JAHE referring to???

Today is day 25 of our stay in The Village!

To absolutely nothing.

And then again maybe to absolutely everything.

😏 Jou Are Helpfully Enigmatic
Thanks for the clarification...or maybe there is a hidden mysterious message being transmitted.
Give Undisclosed Information Diligent Opportunity #75(he is real)
Just Assigned Hidden Evidence to #25

Last edited:
The one referred to as #33...Still In!!!

PXL_20230124_165002003a.jpg

Hey Guys
This is my 4th use of the Feather DX. My goal is to improve dexterity, fine motor skills and confidence. I give myself a 👍 today. I was purposely slow and careful but I gotta tell you, using this straight edge is great. I can shave at a flatter/more shallow angle and that seems to produce less irritation. Mostly DFS+.

Please take care of yourself and each other.

Edit: What is the #25 posted by #31 @JAHE referring to???
definitely stay shallow with the angles, and super light with the pressure. they have no flex to them whatsoever, so you'll know when you mess up. if you (haven't yet) have/had any questions, head down to the Straight section and the clinic to get quick answers. and most of us prefer a wetter than DE lather to maximize glide and slickness. enjoy the journey.

and once you're good with it, transitioning to a full hollow real straight is dead easy. they allow for a sloppier technique comparatively.

definitely stay shallow with the angles, and super light with the pressure. they have no flex to them whatsoever, so you'll know when you mess up. if you (haven't yet) have/had any questions, head down to the Straight section and the clinic to get quick answers. and most of us prefer a wetter than DE lather to maximize glide and slickness. enjoy the journey.

and once you're good with it, transitioning to a full hollow real straight is dead easy. they allow for a sloppier technique comparatively.
I like the DX over the SS because it is designed to allow a more shallow stroke.
THANKS for the good information. So far, the learning basics are good. This is DEFINITELY better than the half blade DE shavette.
I am having as much fun as when I started wet/DE shaving.

I like the DX over the SS because it is designed to allow a more shallow stroke.
THANKS for the good information. So far, the learning basics are good. This is DEFINITELY better than the half blade DE shavette.
I am having as much fun as when I started wet/DE shaving.

Glad you’re liking it. And yeah, I really dislike shavettes. I’ve got a Universal full DE shavette that does nothing for me. I need to dig it out and pass it along.

I tried an SS and… RG(?) back when on a pass around and couldn’t feel a face difference, so I picked up an SS for travel and lazy shaves. Haven’t used it in awhile either, but they’re nice to have

Top Bottom