What's new

2022 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek Season 2

Hi,

I have updated the crew roster with those who I haven't seen check-in as: Out.

If I missed a check-in, or anyone is a few days away from a belated check-in, just post and I'll move you back up to the In crowd.

That'd be 13 of the crew. On Friday the 15th. Hey! Friday! You are the 15th, not the 13th! Sheesh....

Stan

Still In:

#1 KQY61 - Exception: Pack of Med Preps
#2 CzechCzar - exception - Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream with Hyaluronic Acid for Extra-Dry Skin

#4 elmo_koffman - Exception: blades
#5 sjblon - Exception: Vintage razor
#6 Jim99 - exception: puck of Christmas soap

#8 02FLHTCI: Blackland Era
#9 EB Newfarm no exception
#10 Sotiris_A: a badger brush
#11 T.Orso: Lucky Tiger AS

#13 Jamesearthdrum: Cella soap
#14 Noodles: no exception

#16 Crisp Rat: Super Adjustable
#17 Pepin - Exception: vintage razor

#19 Doorcube - Exception: Soap
#20 JeffJ - no exception

#22 Chesty - no exception

#25 Lee93 - Exception: Tallow Tabac
#26 ShavingPanda - no exception

#28 Balin - exception Wolfman Razor
#29 Southern_S - Exception: Proraso White Preshave
#30 Wil_D no exceptions

#32 Smooth and Sharp - a razor

#36 kjbarth - no exception at this time
#37 mattps1 - no exception

#39 Invicta - no exception

#41 AZBronco - exception Feather FHS10 blades

#43 Ruva - no exception
#44 Heron - exception one aftershave
#45 Whisky - no exception

#50 B_R_A_D - Razor
#51 MuhleShaver - no exception
#52 Esetter

Lost In Space:

#35 wmadoty - no exceptions again - Lost 2/12/22 for four thrift store razors for $20
#21 snowman - no exceptions - Lost 2/14/22 for 5 ea HBC Williams Mug Shave Soap for $4.95
#38 gdawg55 - exception: Lucky Tiger AS Tonic - Lost 2/19/22 Charcoal Goods level 3 razor, 250 pack of Wizamet blades, 100 Bolzano blades, RR soap and aftershave
#48 JWCowboy - no exceptions other than Sue Moore Auction/BB Group Buys - Lost 2/22/22 (Two'sDay!) for A Varlet Brush and a Wolfman Razor
#27 GaryTha no exception - Lost 2/22/22 (Ya didn't have to make it Two for Two'sDay!) for 24 sticks of Arko
#49 deafficianado - Blackland Era - Lost 3/4/22 for custom razor handle and the Maggard 15mm razor stands
#40 JAHE - exception: a razor - Lost 3/23/22 for a Slant with a Stand
#31 pdillon - exception: no exceptions - Lost 3/24/22 for a couple of razors
#15 Cafebarian: no exception - Lost 3/25/22 for Homelike Start in Matte

Lost at the first quarter check-in 4/15/22

#3 CJB3 - Exception: grail brush
#7 ADudeandHisDogs: no exception
#12 Angus MacAngus: 1969 Super Speed
#18 Hellboy - no exception
#23 Benoni - Exception: Henson ti22
#24 tsimmns - no exception
#33 Thomas Darkblade - no exceptions
#34 byDoms - no exceptions
#42 4and20blackbirds - no exceptions
#46 Barbarossa - A single puck of shaving soap.
#47 JoWolf - no exception
#53 md1234 - no exception
#54 Avi - no exception

I have updated the crew roster with those who I haven't seen check-in as: Out.
I was wondering when this was going to happen. They should have walked the plank seven days ago (rule 9).
I believe crewman #23 Benoni has checked in on 8th April but crewman #25 Lee93 failed on 9th April.

Last edited:
Hi,

I have been extending timeframes a bit this year. So, I gave the check-in until the 15th. And, I'll make those corrections to my list. And, I'll count md1234 as just sneaking in.

And, I did see the latest out and just plain failed to update the list.

Stan

Still out. Actually I never was in. I chose to not join in case I bought some waster stones. I did buy two and have been using them on the kitchen knives but the year is young and I am unsure if I will seek to try one on one of my straights. So I mostly just sit at home and play the home version. So far I have 1145 shaves on a brick of Vitos extra coco. I split it into three chunks and am just a few days of finishing off chunk number 2. My hope is that this time next week I will be on the "home" stretch. I also have 58 other unopened soaps so it is likely that I will have enough soap to get me through the end of this year, and the next and the next, and the next...

I should note that the dark side does have excelent cookies in case you are on the fence of staying in/out.

Feeling lonely on my deck
Screenshot_20220416_163935.jpg

Hi,

Yeah. A tad tardy here. And, I had an extended check-in period. But, better late than never, I say. Just a few days, so I returned you to the roster as Lost On The Lower Engineering Deck. ;)

The starships are rather large. Easy to get lost on, I suspect. Unlike, say, an X-wing. :p

Seriously, I was a civilian contractor who did a lot of DoD work and was always lost! Bases are bad, everything looks the same. The worst was on a aircraft carrier. Danged mazes, those are.

Stan

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Seriously, I was a civilian contractor who did a lot of DoD work and was always lost! Bases are bad, everything looks the same. The worst was on a aircraft carrier. Danged mazes, those are.
Sounds like Hospitals. I’ve been lost in hospitals in 8 different states at last count. I was in one hospital that to get to the 5th floor in building A you had to go to building B and take an elevator to the 3rd floor, walk back to bldg B and take another elevator from the 3rd floor to 5th floor. No direct elevators in the building from 1st to 4th or 5th floors.

Still in. I think I missed posting a shave or two but definitely no purchases. Yesterday's shave - Used a vintage (I don't know, 1910's, 20's, 30's???) L'essor SE razor similar to a Henckels Rapide, GEM SE blade with plastic wedge, B&B Contributors 2020 brush, MWF, Floid MV A/S, Stirling Ramblin Man EdT.
F6D408FA-8A49-4ECC-A61F-7AACA1CE953D_1_201_a.jpeg

Top Bottom