What's new

2020 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Those Daring Men with their Jaunty Razors & Jalopies

Well, this appears to be an epic crash. Great write-up, too. I am curios to read what made you stumble finally.
The It's Hedley salvage crew has only begun to haul out the contents that distracted the driver of the Moon Ruxton Model C, ultimately causing his early demise...

IMG_4927.jpeg

From crew chief, Buck Necked, of the salvage team, "it looks like It's Hedley had a lot of new bling riding shotgun, so there's more to salvage in the coming days and weeks."

Oh hey you scored Osage Rub and Skin Bracer too.

You know what that means?

Bootlegger's Green Freeze.
50% Osage and 50% Skin Bracer.

I'd post a link to the wiki but apparently it no longer exists.

Oh hey you scored Osage Rub and Skin Bracer too.

You know what that means?

Bootlegger's Green Freeze.
50% Osage and 50% Skin Bracer.

I'd post a link to the wiki but apparently it no longer exists.
All of these new acquisitions that were salvaged were PIF'd at the request of...

Unknown-1.jpeg

Sadly, no Bootlegger's Green Freeze.

Murphy and McNeil Kodak base release is sooooooo tempting! But I’m still in, but wishing I didn’t specify Nantahala as my exception

SOTD (# 77/2020)
26-04-2020

20200426_130535-01.jpeg

Preshave: warm water
Brush: Omega Synthetic 46138 Hi Brush 24/57
Soap: Mühle ~ Sandalwood
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Gillette Black Super Platinum (1)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Extro Cosmesi Vetiver AS, Nivea After Shave Balm

JAHE - still in

(Soap samples: minus 11;
After shave balm: minus 2)

SOTD (# 78/2020)
27-04-2020

20200427_143949-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso pre-shave cream white
Brush: Shavemac Synthetic 24/52
Soap: Stirling Soap~ Stirling Blu
Razor: Merkur 15c
Blade: Astra Stainless Steel (3)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Stirling Blu AS, Alverde After Shave Balm

JAHE - still in

Have another small thing to look forward to during tomorrow's shave. I purchased a pack of 50 BIC Platinums last year, and I haven't gotten around to testing them out yet ( I have over 2000 blades - hence my joining the Sabbatical ). I'm going to take one for a first drive in the AM.

Have another small thing to look forward to during tomorrow's shave. I purchased a pack of 50 BIC Platinums last year, and I haven't gotten around to testing them out yet ( I have over 2000 blades - hence my joining the Sabbatical ). I'm going to take one for a first drive in the AM.

Well I guess with having 2000 blades "in stock" you are well prepared for the next decades (just prevent them from getting rusty, lol).

Since I originally intended to be part of the leap year sabbatical I have kept several items from my "pre 2020 purchases" untouched too (some razors/soaps and a sampler of different blades) in order to be prepared in case the urge to try something new finally would hit me... all these items still rest in the closet, since I don´t feel tempted at all as of yet... maybe I will pull out something new once the 6 months milestone has been passed.

Congrats to all "2020 participants" who remained strong as yet - we have already 5 months completed! This is quite a success! Stay safe & healthy!

Car #61, Team ten, checking in and motoring along.
Since I last posted, I've finished off the tub of Stirling, and started on a RR Blue Barbershop.
The den reduction continues; I'm now working my way very liberally through a bottle of Irish Countryside splash. I find I'm not fond of it even after using up the matching Zscent; hoping it doesn't last longer than another week or two so I can start in on my bottle of RR Blue to match the current soap. It's one not likely to be bought again, too many others I prefer.
I've also managed to empty a bottle of original Aramis; so I'm doing quite well this year; I've only found my blade use has slowed down since "One blade in February"; I'm regularly stretching my nacets to two weeks. All in all to update my tally, here we go:

My tally:
Preshave - 1 (noxema)
Aftershave - 3 (Gatlinburg, Kramperts, 500ml witch hazel
Soap - 1 (Gatlinburg)
Frag - 2 (Zscent Irish countryside, Aramis).

SOTD (# 79/2020)
29-04-2020

20200429_195251-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso preshave cream white
Brush: Semogue Owners Club (Boar)
Soap: Gentleman's Nod ~ George
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: Astra Stainless Steel (4)
Postshave: frigid tap water, FINE Platinum AS

JAHE - still in

#45 still in. No big temptations. Worked through two tube of Proraso so far and no danger of running out of anything. Still staying home most of the time, depriving the world of the chance to see these great shaves! Stay healthy.

#4 still in. My razor inventory has been reduced by 35% this year and I’ve knocked off one soap.

So fat, so good!

#4 still in. My razor inventory has been reduced by 35% this year and I’ve knocked off one soap.

So fat, so good!

I haven't had to go into work for over a month now so the frequency of my shaving has gone by the wayside. I've been shaving only once a week. I haven't killed any products yet this year but I'm getting pretty close on an aftershave and will probably kill a shave cream in the coming months. I'm guessing I'll kill another aftershave or two before the end of the year but after killing my current soap, I'd bet that my next soap will carry me into the next year. Stuff doesn't get used up as fast as you might think!

Top Bottom