What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

upload_2019-6-24_4-51-20.png

Been out of sorts lately and needed to change things up. Thank goodness for a soap sample PIF. I've got a half dozen Gentlemen's Quarter soaps to try and am enjoying the heck out of that. Also had to change the avatar, was getting tired of seeing Nick Danger.

Re: Soaps

I’m in here because I’m trying to use these up ......

Tallow + Steel Boreal
Tallow + Steel Madagascar
Tallow + Steel West Indies
Stirling Port au Prince
Lisa’s Natural Lavender
Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Stirling Texas On Fire
Stirling Gin and Tonic
Midnight & Two The Coast
Tallow + Steel Himalaya
Midnight & Two The Cabin
Stirling Coniferous
Pacific Shaving Brushless
Midnight & Two Citrus Island
Midnight & Two Brushless The Study
Midnight & Two The Study
Midnight & Two Provence
Tallow + Steel Sicily
Tallow + Steel Morocco
Tallow + Steel Maya
Stirling Scotts Pine Sheep
Stirling Electric Sheep
Mike’s Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Mike’s Wild Honeysuckle

Been a while since checking in - #93 still in. Been working on 3017'ing a tube of Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet. It's lasting forever. Lovely, classic scent.

Re: Soaps

I’m in here because I’m trying to use these up ......

Tallow + Steel Boreal
Tallow + Steel Madagascar
Tallow + Steel West Indies
Stirling Port au Prince
Lisa’s Natural Lavender
Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Stirling Texas On Fire
Stirling Gin and Tonic
Midnight & Two The Coast
Tallow + Steel Himalaya
Midnight & Two The Cabin
Stirling Coniferous
Pacific Shaving Brushless
Midnight & Two Citrus Island
Midnight & Two Brushless The Study
Midnight & Two The Study
Midnight & Two Provence
Tallow + Steel Sicily
Tallow + Steel Morocco
Tallow + Steel Maya
Stirling Scotts Pine Sheep
Stirling Electric Sheep
Mike’s Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Mike’s Wild Honeysuckle
I love the Stirling Bergamot and lavender scent. I have the bar soap of it. .

I love the felce, great performance and lovely scent! I have no clue how long the puck is lasting, but I guess you are right with over half a year. I would like to try other SV soaps, but I first need use up quite a few soaps before buying new stuff...
Me too! I may grab Cubebe once the sabbatical is over, but I need to finish at least one more puck before the end of the year to allow myself that.

Yes, we are in the second quarter "half-way home" check in. After July 7th those who we have not heard from will be considered out.

Several members have been posting during the last week or so, and checking in.

If you have not done so, please check in and tell us how the sabbatical has been going for you.
Thanks.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am here. Still in.
No issues.
Been using only 1 straight, 1 soap, and 1 brush since December 1, 2018.
It’s been going really well.

Ruckin is still in. I am about 124 shaves into my block of Vitos extra super coco (have about 582 shaves left..). Not sure what happened but for the last several years I have been using a face wash as part of my pre-shave routine but in the last week or so I have skipped that step (just splash water on my face). I guess I have one less thing to pick up during the restock period next year.

Basically I am just bumping along and not really needing anything. So far my restock list consists of a hook or something to mount/use a strop for a house that is currently under construction. If it was up to me I would probably grab some bailing twine and tie it to a towel bar... but SWMBO wants it to look less redneck.

@23 GaryTha Still in.
Hoping to get 200 shaves from this puck of Williams. I'm hoping to make it through 2020 without buying anything. Just in case I can't, I'll list WMS as an exception.

Last edited:
#52 Still in.

I had a close call the other day, I went to an antique shop and was looking at their razors, there was a New short comb a ball end tech, and an aristocrat. Fortunately they wanted too much for the Aristocrat, and the new had bent teeth. I walked away feeling good.

#49 still here and checking in. There’s been lots of temptations, but I’m hanging in there. Isn’t it amazing how hard it is to do nothing?

Good news is I’m putting a dent in my soap inventory. I’m about finished with my second puck of the year (VDH) and ready to move on to the next victim. I might tackle my tub of Proraso green.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Still in. Refining the purchase list. What are you all planning to buy in the restock period?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

What are you all planning to buy in the restock period?

Very little or nothing. After all, the whole point of the sabbatical is to use up product, not to acquire more. It defeats the purpose if you buy up a whole bunch of product during the restock period. (If you qualify in the first place.) I plan on participating in next years sabbatical and once this years is over, I will still be in need of nothing and will still need to use up excess product. I may buy some AV Musk because I've been without for over a year. Possibly some Osage Rub if I run out. In any event, I won't need either because I'll have plenty of other aftershaves (some of which I unexpectedly acquired in a trade) so I may end up buying nothing.

IF i make it through the year, then I will be definitely picking up Clubman, The Veg, SR and Classic Vanilla--plus I want to try some new Bay Rum aftershaves.

Top Bottom