What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

You just choose a car from the 1920's / 1930's that you like. It can be the same as another persons (I may make a 4/2 door selection)
You can change your avatar, that is a god idea.

Just read the rules carefully :)
I was thinking about being chauffeured. Where do the rules stand on hiring a professional to drive, and for the passenger (that'll be me) to enjoy panoramic view while sipping something that restores one's faith in postwar whisky? :pipe:
Naturally, no purchases will be made on the journey. I believe I've everything, including whisky.

I was thinking about being chauffeured. Where do the rules stand on hiring a professional to drive, and for the passenger (that'll be me) to enjoy panoramic view while sipping something that restores one's faith in postwar whisky? :pipe:
Naturally, no purchases will be made on the journey. I believe I've everything, including whisky.

Well I am sure I can figure something into the story line.
Let's see, perhaps Gert Fröbe as the driver, he did a great job in the movie :)

Here you go. If you're going to fail - do it spectacularly.

proxy.php

Nice haul. Is there a treewhale emoticon? I guess we could compose one like a pictograph.
🌳🐳

What is the treewhale reference?
Treewhale was a member who was on a sabbatical and fell off the wagon by buying a few years worth of supplies in one go. As a kind of joke, his name was turned into a verb; "to treewhale" means to break a sabbatical in style.

Last edited:
Looking at some goodies for the restock period. Has anyone tried WSP aftershaves? Matterhorn and the Sandalwood may be on the list.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Treewhale was a member who was on a sabbatical and fell off the wagon by buying a few years worth of supplies in one go. As a kind of joke, his name was turned into a verb; "to treewhale" means to break a sabbatical in style.
Do we have a link to that thread? I'd like to see it again!

Top Bottom