What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
$photo-2 (2).jpg

Here ya go Treewhales booty ......Arrrrrr

Still in, knocked off another bottle of Bay Rum. It was one of the 2-oz Ogallala samples, so it only partially counts...but I also emptied my 500 mL bottle of witch hazel, so they're counting together as "one".
Still in, and I'll most likely participate for 2020 after a carefully curated restock period.
I'm rotating my remaining soaps (four partial pucks and a stick) to decide which I enjoy the most, as based on the past couple of years, I'll only need to restock one to make it through.
By going through and using up partials in all categories, I've made a significant den reduction, and restock in general will not bring me back to previous levels, and I'm good with that.

Aftershave - 13
Soap - 3
Frag - 2

November 28th Operative No. 93 PhilC: No - OUT (Volabra soap buy)

November 28th Operative No. 94 CJB3: Exception RR Game Changer (OUT - Wolfman razor)

Operative PhilC. pulled the sedan over to the curb and waited. Operative CJB3, a little out of breath from running, opened the door and got in. "Sorry, I'm a bit late. Had a couple of items I needed to pick up." He held up a paper bag to the driver. "No concerns. We are just checking out this country cottage that Sam had gotten a tip on." "How far is it out town?" "I figure it will take us just under an hour. I gassed up the bus before I picked you up." They drove in silence for a while. Operative CJB3 turned to PhilC. "So what was the tip about? Effie just gave me a quick call, said to meet up with you at the street." "One of Sam's informers had heard that the Cairo fellow had been meeting up with some people at the country cottage. Last time he had some crates in his car that he dropped off. Sam thinks they are using the cottage, seeing that it is winter and no one is around." "So we're going to snoop around and see who or what we find?" "Yup, that's about it. I figure it will be dusk we get there. Give us some cover in the night to get close."

After some time they approached the area. The tires crunching on the frozen laneway. PhilC. pulled over to the side of the track, where several shrubs made a good hiding spot. "Okay, it's on foot now. Hope you dressed warm." "No worries here. You got a heater and a torch?" "Of course, but leave the torch off, might give us away." The two started to make their way through the underbrush, going from shrub to tree, trying to stay hidden. The moon was full, casting a pale yellow hue on the frozen snow covered ground. As they came to a large tree, CJB3 whispered; "Damn moon, it's so bright on the snow that our coats are a dead giveaway." "Don't say dead." "Did not know you were superstitious." grinned CJB3. "Just careful. Let stay here a minute and watch, see if anyone is there." They both peered at the cottage for several minutes, and even though there was a light on inside, they saw no movement or shadows through the windows. Finally the cold got to them, almost as one both exclaimed in muted tones: "This damn cold is getting to me, let's go in." The started back from the tree and then broke into a couched run, going in low up to the side of the cottage, Pressed against the wall, breath clouding over their heads as they paused to catch their breath. They moved cautiously along the wall until they came to a window. Peering in at the corner they saw a figure in a shabby overcoat putting on a hat and scarf. The figure made his way to the front door, but paused along the way to examine a stack of boxes that were piled up in area of the main room. He then made his way out. They could hear the door shut, and the lock click from around the corner. Footprints could be heard crunching along the frozen ground, they too faded after awhile, but CJB3 swore he heard the sound change into an odd pattern of steps, almost like there were two people. He just shook his head, putting it down to the cold affecting his ears. Operative PhilC. tapped him on the shoulder, and leaned in close, whispering; "Give a couple of minutes, then let's see if w can pick the back door. See what's inside those boxes." They made their way to the back, peering in they saw a small kitchen, rather rundown and with dirty dishes stacked up. PhilC. made quick work of the old lock, and they were inside quickly. As they closed the door gently behind them, they stood still listening, hoping that no one else was there. Hearing no sound of life, they made their way to the main room. There by the light of an oil-lamp they say some old broken down furniture, and the stack of boxes. "Let's open one up." Looking over the room, CJB3 commented, "Must have some dogs, look at all that hair, clumps everywhere." "Yeah, did you see the scraps of raw meat left on some of the dishes. One sloppy individual for sure." At the boxes, PhilC. pulled out a knife and opened one of the boxes. He was about to reach in when both of them heard loud howling coming from outside. "Hope we can make it to the car without meeting that!" chuckled CJB3. PhilC. reached in and pulled out a bag of what looked like some sort of herb. The area around them began to fill with the smell of lavender, lilies, carnations. Then PhilC. dropped the bag, pulling his hand back to his chest and clutching it, "Damn, something is burning me!" "What", what is it?. Quick wash it off." PhilC. turned and ran down a short hall, see a mirror and guessing it was the bathroom he rushed in. He could make out the sink and some shaving items from the light reflected in the mirror; however he did not see everything in rush to the taps. His foot landed on a bar of shaving soap, with a yell he felt his feet go out from under him, as he pitched forward towards the sink. His arms out hoping to break his fall PhilC. crashed full force in to the sink. He felt a sharp pain as razors cut him in several places, then the warmth of his blood pouring out as he gave a gurgled yelp. CJB3 rushed in with the torch. He paused at the door, a look of horror on his face. In the light of the torch he saw PhilC. lying on the floor, several straight razors stuck in him, blood flowing freely. By his twisted feet was a large puck of soap. There was all manner of hair everywhere. He stepped in grabbing the closest towel to try and staunch the bleeding, but to no avail. He stood up, dropping the now bloody towel, panic set in. Again he heard the howling. He drew out his gun and made for the door.

He reached out for the door handle when it was suddenly thrown open by a great force. Operative CJB3 was knocked back against the table, the oil lamp fell with a crash, the burning oil seeped across the room, smoke rising to choke him. He saw a large hairy dishevelled figure in an old tattered overcoat. It was advancing in a menacing way, knives in hand, he could smell the stench coming from him, from it!. CJB3 stretched out his gun arm, firing again and again. He saw the figure stagger as each bullet hit it, but it kept coming. He felt flames behind him, and the flash of knives as the figure lashed out at him. His coat was torn, he felt pain as several slashes appeared along his left arm. He fired again and again, until the hammer just clicked on the empty chambers. The figure was in his face, growling, foam flecked from its mouth as it snarled in a bestial voice, "Damn you snoops. Think you can stop me!" It reached back with an arm, preparing to make a heavy final blow upon CJB3, when with his last ounce of energy CJB3 reached out and grabbed the overcoat, and pulled back towards him. Stepping aside at the last second thus pushing the figure into the burning oil. The howling was deafening, the smell overpowering as the figure tossed about on the floor. Not waiting CJB3 made a dash for the door, and out. He ran blindly through the woods, bouncing off of trees, branched sticking in his face. At one point he glanced behind him and felt his heart stop. The building was ablaze, and a silhouette form was still running at him. He gave a loud gasp, and turned to run, but the figure moved with inhuman speed it seemed. Then he felt a force hit him in the back, nails, no knives pierced his flesh in many places. Operative CJB3 collapse on the snow, as the figure mauled him.

Top Bottom