What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

upload_2019-9-19_7-25-19.png

I decided the beard looked good at 3 day stubble but I didn’t like looking in the mirror as it really filled in. So—my stash of supplies will return to normal use.

My facial hair is quite coarse, so the 3 day stubble looks full but then when the hair grows out it grows down straight, making for a less-than-stellar beard. So I don't go much past 3 days stubble.

To celebrate the end of summer 2019 I finished a tub of of soap that was my go to brand when I first started wet shaving around seven years ago, Mama Bear Orange Orange. This half used puck has been sitting in my soap drawer for the last three years hiding under all my new stuff. I had actually forgotten how much I liked her soaps. Now to decide on something new for tomorrow.

Only kind of an artificial milestone for me. I am 3017ing a brick of Vitos Extra super Coco. I smooshed a bunch into an empty container (253.4g worth) and set the rest of the brick on the shelf. Last week I finished the first loading after 208 shaves. I managed to smoosh 282.9g into the container this time and after five shaves seem to be averaging 0.4 grams per shave. Not sure if the low usage is because the soap is slowly hydrating as I use it or my brush selection is the cause. For most of the first container I was using my Plissoft brush and so far this container I have been using my Simpson #55.

Oh, still in. I have been doing some preliminary packing in anticipation of moving into new house and have been quite shocked by how many boxes are needed to pack up the soaps, aftershave, blades, brushes, etc... Any desire to acquire more "stuff" is pretty much pegged at zero right now.

Ruckin.

To celebrate the end of summer 2019 I finished a tub of of soap that was my go to brand when I first started wet shaving around seven years ago, Mama Bear Orange Orange. This half used puck has been sitting in my soap drawer for the last three years hiding under all my new stuff. I had actually forgotten how much I liked her soaps. Now to decide on something new for tomorrow.
Congrats on the 3017, we'll done.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

I'm still in, still working on the MWF, it will probably last until the end of the year.
I was in San Francisco for work a short time ago and had dinner at John's Steakhouse. Thought the group might enjoy this bit of it's history.
Maltese Falcon.jpg

Top Bottom