What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

Would I qualify? I’ve been using the same razor, soap, brush and blade forever.
Hi,

You would qualify. I would also as I never change up until OCtober when other OC razors I have come out to play. Well, unless I take a Road Trip and then switch over to my travel razor. And, I don't foresee a Road Trip in March.

I am not planning on joining up, though, as I don't see any challenge in it.

Stan - Still In

PdP #63 is on my list for next year. How do you like it?

My two favorite soaps! Well, I haven't tried No.63, but PdP plain. :)

It is a hard, hard soap, but smells fantastic! The Aftershave balm is pretty amazing too. It is a great line. It takes a little more work to develop lather, when compared to a cream or croap of course. The beard oil, the bath soap and shower gel are all nice options too.

It is a hard, hard soap, but smells fantastic! The Aftershave balm is pretty amazing too. It is a great line. It takes a little more work to develop lather, when compared to a cream or croap of course. The beard oil, the bath soap and shower gel are all nice options too.

I do have No.63 shower gel, and look forward to getting the shave soap. It smells great! My boars handle lathering it fairly quickly.

I do have No.63 shower gel, and look forward to getting the shave soap. It smells great! My boars handle lathering it fairly quickly.

I have been using PdP 63 body soap for the past month and love it. The bar is huge, lathers up exceptionally well, and is lasting a long, long time. A great value.

So far I have finished off a tub of TOoBS that lasted me over 3 months. Fantastic stuff! I’ve moved on to a tub of Proraso green that’s been sitting on the bathroom shelf for the past 4 years. What a letdown after TOoBS. It’s okay and lathers easily, but does not have the slickness that I expected. It’ll have to do till I finish it off.

Oh yeah... still in!

That Proraso needs a good supply of water, it’s pretty slick when worked right. I really like the green tub.

I haven’t tried the white tub yet, but I did finish a tube of the white when I first started wet shaving. Good smelling stuff!

I finalized my selections for the 2020 Sabbatical.

upload_2019-2-24_8-57-38.png

I bet my tub of Arko makes it through the 2020 sabbatical.........no joke lol

I hope it does.

I'm keeping the dead soldier containers. At the end of 2019, I'll make a team picture showing everyone who contributed. I may also make the equivalent of a baseball card for each member with their statistics. I've tracked the dates of service, the number of shaves, and the number of passes for each player. I'll have the picture framed and hung on the wall in my bathroom.

That’s a great idea! I was snooping around on eBay for some art for my bathroom, I might get some straight razor blue prints and or ads stuff like that.

I’m starting to think I might not have enough aftershave to get through the entire sabbatical but I’m going to go for as long as I can with what I have and when it’s gone it’s gone and I’m out.

That’s a great idea! I was snooping around on eBay for some art for my bathroom, I might get some straight razor blue prints and or ads stuff like that.

I’m starting to think I might not have enough aftershave to get through the entire sabbatical but I’m going to go for as long as I can with what I have and when it’s gone it’s gone and I’m out.

Aftershave lasts a long time. I remember looking at some of my stock, seeing only a 1/4 inch or so and thinking this is it, I will be out quickly. A month or so later it is finally gone.

You can get some artwork from the Saint Sue charity auction in October. A safe buy for sabbatical members.

Careful. Shaving art might be considered shaving stuff. If you already bought some, you can PIF them to the Sue Moore auction. We are allowed to buy things to PIF.

I'm going to have the pictures developed and buy the frames during resupply week.

Last edited:
So for the sabbatical I can’t buy a picture or art for my house? It has nothing to do with shaving persay as I’ve never heard anyone say “well I finally finished up my last bit of retro art”

Seriously a picture bounces me from the sabbatical?

So for the sabbatical I can’t buy a picture or art for my house? It has nothing to do with shaving persay as I’ve never heard anyone say “well I finally finished up my last bit of retro art”

I'm with andromeda673 on this. A picture of a razor is not a razor, simple as that. Decorating a bathroom should not fall under the restrictions of the sabbatical (unless the decorations are actual razors, actual brushes, etc).

Before an action is taken, I'm hardline in deciding if it is acceptable. I generally use "the biggest screw rule to decide." The way that screws the person the most is the way the rules are. Remember, you specifically said shaving art.

After, I'm as merciful as possible. Let's research the rules a bit and maybe @Pepin will give his opinion.

Top Bottom