What's new

2015 Online Purchase Sabbatical

For the first time, tried a carbon steel blade today. Treet, in my Aristocrat Jr. This is one of the novelties I have stashed away to keep things interesting through a year of not buying stuff.

Got interrupted midway through my first pass by my four year old daughter who had managed to cut her thumb on something and needed care and interrogation, the first of which was effective.

That accomplished, I rehydrated the lather on my face and carried on, and had a nice close smooth shave in three passes. I did manage to nick myself in one spot, and it all worked out for the best because this was something I could point at during breakfast and talk about sharp tools and learning how to use them. I still don't know what her weapon was--maybe the tape dispenser. I am pretty sure the talk did some good.

I hope all you dads among us have had a great father's day, as I have.

Still in.

I'm out. I bought a tech off eBay.

I was poking around an AoS store with a buddy yesterday, and I realized that there are a few common/classic DE's I've yet to try out. The EJ line, for one, and now that you mention it, the good old Gillette Techs are another. lol

It was a good run, though. Enjoy the shaves!

I got a job offer today, so being broke will soon be a thing of the past. Between that and the desire to celebrate, I'll have to focus on a new pipe instead of shave gear, or something. lol

I got a job offer today, so being broke will soon be a thing of the past. Between that and the desire to celebrate, I'll have to focus on a new pipe instead of shave gear, or something. lol

Congrats on the new job, I've been there and know what it's like. Surely there is some kind of special dispensation to make one purchase in this kind of situation.. !!

Congrats on the new job, I've been there and know what it's like. Surely there is some kind of special dispensation to make one purchase in this kind of situation.. !!

lol No, using an excuse to come up with an exception is definitely against the rules and the spirit of the sabbatical. :)

Top Bottom